By _Tater_Tot_ - 03/04/2015 16:39 - United States - Anniston

Today, my mom let me know that I'll have to spend my entire tax return on replacing my car brakes. The reason I need new brakes is because almost every single time she uses the car, she floors the gas while the parking brake is still on. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 397
You deserved it 2 696

_Tater_Tot_ tells us more.

_Tater_Tot_ 20

To answer some responses Im a girl and I don't put the parking brake on, my mom happens to somehow put it on whilst driving and she does not notice the light on the dashboard :/

Top comments

Mom needs to a) let her son keep his tax money that her son is entitled to, and b) mom needs to pay to have the breaks replaced herself . Good luck OP.

huh. with the brakes on you'd think she wouldn't have trouble stopping the habit. sorry, OP!

Comments

snarkytruth 37

Talk to her about it patiently and respectfully sometime when she isn't busy or upset about something. Find out why she does that and work out a solution. Maybe she doesn't have the extra money for the repair at the moment and instead of a tax refund (like posters are assuming) she may have to pay out extra this year. She may need you to pay for now to make ends meet and will pay you back later when she can. Since you're sharing a car it sounds like there are other financial issues involved. It really sucks OP when things are out of your control and others don't take good care of your things. You should see human resources about getting your tax withholding adjusted so less is taken out each paycheck. Ideally your taxes should come out to zero with no return or having to pay. Why let the government make money off your paychecks when you should be gaining interest or investing it for yourself through the year.

sue her for the cost. just because she's your mail m doesn't mean she gets to be a dumb bitch.

Tell her she can no longer use your ride bruh.

martin8337 35

Is she putting the brake on while driving because she is drifting?

kayj905 15

Make that bitch pay for it! Theres no reason you should be spending your own tax returns on something you didn't do! And why does your mom drive your car?

my mom has done that to my car. but at least she owned up to it and paid for me to replace my brakes. sorry op fyl

Parvati48 15

Well then stop letting her use it if it's your car and she is ******* it up, then it's either that or she should replace your brakes. Sorry though OP, that sucks.

toma1945 19

She needs to "stop" this habit

No way did you just attempt that joke..

_Dirty_Dan_ 11

If your mom pays the car bill she has more invested in the car than what brakes cost. If you pay for the car tell her to get her own.

I understand your frustration. my dad once didn't lock my car (or his) and stuff got stolen out of both, my ipod his cds etc. :P