By 9726 - 01/11/2011 21:05 - Canada

Today, my license to carry a gun expired because my manager forgot to renew it. As I'm an armored car guard, this is a problem. In order to keep getting hours, my company transferred me to the coin vault. I just finished moving 15000 lbs of boxed coins. By hand. I'm stuck doing this for a month. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 061
You deserved it 3 138

9726 tells us more.

In Canada you need a gun licence to own firearms. To actually carry one you need to qualify annually with your company and they apply for your ATC (authorization to carry) I requalified in August and reminded my manager in September. He forgot to apply for my ATC. Nothing I could do to prevent this.

Top comments

You'll have your own 'guns' by the end of the month. Call it a blessing in disguise.

Comments

leadman1989 15

If you want something done right you've got to do it yourself.. be thankful you still have a job. Or pick up a new hobby of "coin collecting"

coin lifting* one of my favorite hobbies!

leadman1989 15

But COLLECTING them is so much more rewarding.

I can't really agree with the OP here mostly because it's your job to really see it through that your license gets renewed. Managers can forget easily since they're busy with other stuff. You should have really pushed for it especially if it takes a month to do so.

I think you'd be worse off if you couldn't work due to this oversight. At least your employers were willing to find you another position so you may continue working. You could just be sitting at home, not making any money.

perdix 29

And all the unemployed bastards reading this are crying their eyes out for you.

rebelzomm 10

Seriously? Is unemployment such a huge problem in the USA?

stacianichole 2

It's a GIGANTIC HUGE VERY REAL problem.

rebelzomm 10

Its just that to the outside world you guys seem to be putting up a pretty strong face. So seeing these sarcastic comments sorta confused me

300,000,000+ people in the United States. 9.1% have APPLIED for unemployment benefits. The real percentage is probably closer to 16-17%, bringing the grand total to a whopping 51,654,000 unemployed +/- a few hundred thousand.

The only job I can get is fixing boat trailers. All of my spare cash is invested into my college education. The American dream

morgan020 0

Rebel it depends on where you live. Where I'm at the oil field is huge. The other night on the news they said there was something like 300-400 job openings to be filled immediately. My husband works in the oil field and makes very good money and because of the position he has he doesn't have to worry about being laid off when they stop drilling wells.

backoffahole 3

Just shut up. At least you have a job.

bigkountry209 0

your an amored car driver nobody will stop u and question u carrying a gun stay strapped anyways u need a 10mm tho they have a 90% one shot one kill rate they r expensive and rare though

champjb 0

90% one shot kill rate eh? This isnt a video game dipass. A leaf can have a 90% kill rate in the right hands.

Vash_41288 10

So if you're shot in the toe there is a 90% chance you will die? Interesting.....

You my good sir, have raped the English language.

Guys he's a white gangster from Stockton. He knows what's up.

hillbillyboy1993 7

Bigkountry209: put down the video game controller and get off of google. Go outside and do somethin besides play call of duty and get a life

pfft, OP doesn't need a renewal. Just press X-A-A-B-left to bypass that part.

10mm died because America still won't accept the metric system. Instead the .40 S&W and the underpowerd 9mm has been used. I would think a .38 in a semi auto platform would make for the best personal protection gun.

You, sir (big cuntry), are so inadequate in the brain department, that if brains were quarters, you'd need to take out a 3 year loan to play even a single game in a penny arcade... May God have mercy and take pity on you.

So you get to be Mario for a month, counting coins in a dungeon? Look on the bright side, there are 2 sides to every coin. And not to coin a phrase, but I'm sure your manager will be paid back in his own coin. What goes around comes around, these kind of things tend to coincide. Coin? Coin!

That does suck, but you'll be buff by the end of the month.

Sounds like you just coined a new phrase!