By Anonymous - 27/06/2009 14:52 - United States

Today, my husband passed a massive kidney stone. He is so proud of it that he wants to decorate our home with it. It is now sitting on my kitchen counter next to my produce. FML
I agree, your life sucks 53 591
You deserved it 3 828

lmsquadritolaux tells us more.

Ok everyone. I originally posted this FML as anonymous and didn't think it would make the cut. But it looks like I got a huge response. IT IS TRUE for all of you haters. My husband has been battling with this stone since September and he FINALLY passed it (after numerous X-rays and CT scans, ER visits, and going to see a specialist). It wasn't the size of a fist (like some of you had said) but it was pretty large considering it had to come out of a tiny hole :). It is not tiny by any means!!! It's decorative life on my kitchen counter will be limited because his urologist wants to analyze it. THANK GOD! As to how he got it out of the toilet for everyone who asked: He didn't pee into his hand...gross. It came out and he reached in the toilet with a gallon sized plastic bag covering his hand so he wouldn't be soaked in piss. His urologist gave him a strainer but that was on display in my bathroom for months and I threw it out...GO FIGURE! That strainer was huge though, how was he suppose to carry it around with him to piss in? On a chain around his neck?! The stone was easy to find because his was multi-colored (brown/black, and off-white). It has spike like features which looks scary and painful. He was going to get it blasted for everyone who still doesn't believe. The procedure is $10,000....and we don't have that kind of money (I'm sure our insurance would have covered some of it). Plus the blasting is not always successful. Every time my husband thought about getting it blasted, the stone would move around (just like a baby, lol) and he would be pissing blood for days. I had fun reading everyones comments. Hopefully, I answered all of the questions. Lea, Brad, and Brad's kidney stone :)

Top comments

Yulia_fml 0

I guess men feel the same pride for something they went through a lot of pain for, as women feel about a similar thing - babies HAHA :)

Comments

MeganH0LLYW00D 0

What the ****. That's hot. Go **** him. Mmm;)

wheresmyvodka 0

Well? Are you gonna? (I would!)

lastminuteperm 0

That's nasty. Why did you let him? You can't give in that easily. And he is an idiot for wanting to keep it. People who actually want to keep that crap are gross. Maybe put it in a box...not in a kitchen.

hehe...apparently doctors are gross to :D

If he passed a stone THROUGH HIS DICK big enough to see, you should let him do whatever he wants with it. He lets you keep all of the babies that come out of your ******, doesn't he? It's a similar pain, only babies don't have jagged edges!

cms70 0

A similar pain? Are you really that ******* stupid that you would consider passing a tiny kidney stone on the same level as pushing a 6-9lb human being from your body?

Consider the proportions. Sure, women have to push out something much larger, but they also have a larger space to push it out through. And note that plexico said 'similar,' not the same. Obviously, no one can ever experience both childbirth and a kidney stone like that, so they can't compare. Guys probably do think that the pain levels are about the same. Pain is subjective anyway.

You've got to remember that the ****** dilates to let the baby out easier, the eurethra doesn't dilate to let the stone out easier. But it's like the 'which hurts more getting kicked in the balls or giving birth?' debate

She said it was a "massive stone." And if it is big enough to decorate a home, it ain't "tiny." You are the one who is stupid, because you can't read.

millions of years of evolution helped make a womans body able to give birth ... stretching of the urethra? not so much

lmmmr 0

The dilation of the cervix is precisely what makes childbirth so painful. And while perhaps you "let" your wife "keep the babies that come out of her ******" (douche comment, as always from you, plexico) Do you let her keep the placenta in a jar on the dining table? Do you let her tie the curtains back with pieces of the umbilical cord or fill your vases with the birth water? And kidney stones have been an occurrence throughout history dating back thousands of years. If passing a stone posed a threat to your health, evolution would have stepped in.

MATTMAN93 0

Except that the canal in which I baby comes threw actually expands... I can on imagine that passing a kidney stone must be like forcing a bowling ball threw a straw....DAMN! WIN BE PROUD!

Colby_Colbert 0

ur husband is ****** cool!!!!!!

HAHAHSUCKS4YOU 0

Agh I just had to be reading this while I was eating :(

hady9090 0

Not an FYL or YDI, just.... awesome. Your husband is the greatest.