By MissyPants - 15/08/2015 08:22 - United States - Lebec

Today, my husband decided he would rather be with his mistress than with me while I gave birth to our first child. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 589
You deserved it 2 474

MissyPants tells us more.

I am the op of this FML and I hope it shows that but let me explain this a little further. My soon to be ex husband has been cheating on me for the last few months of my pregnancy. I noticed the changes in him but I hoped it was just nerves over the baby. I actually caught him about three weeks before I went into labor and threw him out. I had planned on letting him be there when I gave birth to our baby girl but he didn't answer my calls. My mother was with me so I wasn't alone but I really thought he would want to see the birth of his first child. I have filed for divorce and have no problem being a single parent. He makes me physically ill at the moment but I have tried to be civil for our babies sake. I want him to be in her life because she deserves a dad but I can't force him to be one. I'm thrilled to be a mom no matter the circumstances and me and my daughter will be ok no matter what. Thank you all for the funny, sweet, and even mean comments; they make my day a little better.

Top comments

Take every penny that bastard has. Be relentless and brutal. Hire a good attorney, win some alimony, and leave him in the rear view mirror.

dancer824 18

Confused as to why this doesn't say 'about to be ex husband'

Comments

FIRST child? You'd plan for a second?

First child as in... this is their only child together. Just being more specific and helping to answer the question "do you have any other children?" before it is asked. Not, "first, more to come."

And he's still your husband because...???

As said in the follow-up, OP has filed for divorce. She can't simply say "we're done," and that's it - so until that divorce comes through, he's still OP's husband.

Because a divorce takes a long time to complete!

Hire a PI, divorce him, and take him for everything he's worth - Including child support.

*First* child? First, as in first in a series?? As in tou expect there to be more??? F your life, indeed.

First as in it's his first child. He may have other children (like with his mistress), but this child would still be his first.

He sounds like a jerk! Who would miss the birth of their own child! I'm so sorry you went through that OP but congratulations on your little girl! I wish you all the best!

I'm sure OP emphasized "first" to explain that a father would want to be present for such a special occasion. Not first as in the first of a dozen. Think, people

Goodbye worthless husband. Hello child support payments!

dakotaabriannee 14
MzZombicidal 36