This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By AWOL - 03/08/2016 18:54 - United States - Waukesha

Today my gf went off on me for spending the money I am "supposed to be saving for an engagement ring" on my student loans. FML
I agree, your life sucks 619
You deserved it 34

Top comments

1ronlady 24

Run! Run away as fast as you can! On a serious note, have you guys discussed marriage? And is she aware you have student loans to repay?

Comments

1ronlady 24

Run! Run away as fast as you can! On a serious note, have you guys discussed marriage? And is she aware you have student loans to repay?

Whatever you do never save up and buy an engagement ring for her

I would be calling her ex girlfriend

Why are some women so concerned about the price of the engagement ring?! I have read somewhere that the ring "has to be" twice the time of a one month salary - excuse you??? All that money could be spent on the actual wedding ceremony or leasing a new car.

Tell her you're never going to marry her.

r83839 22

Everyone is always dramatic here, and they leave no room for human mistakes. Don't break up with her yet; just sit down and talk to her about finances. You need to make sure that you're on the same page about budgeting and financial priorities before you even think about marriage. Where you spend your money reflects your values, and too many marriages end in fights over money.