By Anonymous - 21/05/2012 23:14 - United States

Today, my fiancé and I planned a romantic movie night. Champagne, popcorn, romantic comedy. Then his friend decided to show up and they've been talking about 1st generation Pokémon ever since. FML
I agree, your life sucks 463
You deserved it 59

Top comments

ikillnoobs198 0

Join in! If you don't know first gen Pokemon GTFO!

Comments

You need to get over yourself. Pokemon is better than you and obviously your "fiancé" thinks so too.

Next time instead of a romantic comady watch a pokemon movie. Not only will he watch it with you, he'll enjoy it. I love the pokemon movies. I had a bit of a crush on Lugia and Mewtwo when I was a kid, more so then any guy in a romantic comedy(hate those things).

hateevryone 14

Make him make his friend leave.

OreoStar 1

I think it's the fact that her fiance isn't spending time with her, like if you want to talk about pokemon first generation...why not just do it alone with her instead of with your friend. You could still chill with her and talk about different topics while watching a movie too. She's your fiance...supposed to spend the rest of your life with her.

YDI for almost making your man to watch a romantic comedy

Sounds like every single time my husband and I want to do something. His friend calls, or shows up, and they end up talking about anything from Pokemon (any generation) and WoW to furrydom. The sad thing is I've gotten to a point where I give up and join in on said conversations...sometimes.

First of all, Gen 1 Pokemon > anything. Secondly, what the eff is so romantic about popcorn?!

venomousddog 19

I can't blame him for talking about Pokemon, it is a lot of fun, did they discuss their favorite Pokemon?

I don't think anyone's posted this yet (but if they have sorry for the repeat) but the girl is clearly based off of Misty. Short ginger ponytail, yellow tank top, shorts and red suspenders? Not to mention her Fiance is Ash, dark hair with spiky ends, black shirt, and the well known red and white cap. And I'm gonna go on a limb saying his 'friend' is Gary, brown spiky hair, purple shirt and that necklace thingy he always wears.

Lol your so right! And P.O.E Pokemon over everthing!