By Selfiestick - 24/03/2015 00:18 - Italy - Rome

Today, my boyfriend told me we were going on a trip to Venice. Seeing my reaction, he immediately added : “But don’t get excited, you're not getting a ring." FML
I agree, your life sucks 642
You deserved it 102

Top comments

1mo2mo 12

Comments

Mungolikecandy 19

You are getting a trip to Venice! (which is a bit over rated).

Unless..... he's trying to discourage you by saying he's not going to propose so when he does, your happiness overshadows the size of the diamond.

Lol be all like "what makes you think I want a ring from you?? Venice man!!!"

Who is stopping you from proposing to him?

Or he is trying to get your hopes down and surprise u with a ring

ollygollymolly 6

Don't be too excited. The canals smell like shit (literally. The canals are the sewers).

ACCOUNTKILLER 18

I fail to see what is so romantic about Venice- it's expensive, you'll get lost, the water is contaminated and it's history of a successful oligarchy isn't sexy at all. Carnevale di Venezia will be coming up before you know it, so that could be fun (but really busy and jam packed with people-quiet Venice is best Venice). For romance, I would rather go to Capri or anywhere in Tuscany. Don't worry too much about the ring comment, he probably wanted it to be clear that despite taking you to a place considered romantic, he doesn't want you to get your hopes up or feel mislead. Talk to each other and get on the same page about what you want for the future.

LevelupKid 8

All you can really say to this is..."Well damn".

Nix188 13

I mean, Venice is the place to go on that front, so when he saw your face he just wanted to clarify, nevertheless of being rude.