This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By Flu - 28/01/2017 20:00

Today, my boyfriend told me not to come over to stay the night because I'm sick with the flu. He's the one who gave it to me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 6 618
You deserved it 860

Top comments

In the process of getting over the flu your body produces antibodies to fight off the infection. So you're essentially immune from catching it a second time. Your boyfriend needs to get over it.

That means he can't get it now. Duh. Also he should be a gentleman and come over to your house to take care of you with HIS flu.

Comments

Well that's good advice. You don't need to be passing that back and forth.

In the process of getting over the flu your body produces antibodies to fight off the infection. So you're essentially immune from catching it a second time. Your boyfriend needs to get over it.

I got it a second time a couple years ago-there can be different strands of it

Once your body fights off a particular bug it cannot be affected by it again. Could've been a coincidence and you caught another one?

yes there are multiple strands of the flu but you can't catch the same strand twice, so if OP's boyfriend gave her the flu then he can't recatch it from her

But if she caught from HIM them he's already caught that specific strand.

That means he can't get it now. Duh. Also he should be a gentleman and come over to your house to take care of you with HIS flu.

I hope you develop antibodies to fight him off!

awildwhisper 30

Sounds like he doesn't want it again, smart man.

diisneygirl 2

No point in passing it back and forth between each other. I'm sure you can survive not seeing him until after youre done being sick. I hope you get to feeling better.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

the thing is the antibodies doesn't always act lightnin fast like you are perceiving, just cause you had a disease means nothing.