This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By HylianBadger - 23/07/2016 00:44 - United States - Birmingham

Today, my birth mother, yet again, tried to get in contact with me, even though I made it plain I want nothing to do with her anymore. The truth is, I'd be willing to make amends if she'd apologize for tormenting my husband. And return the money she stole from my savings account to buy meth. Fml
I agree, your life sucks 818
You deserved it 42

Top comments

I'd stay away from her. She's obviously trying to use you for more drugs...

I'm well aware of this. I've tried, and failed, to overlook her major flaws in the past. That's why I decided enough is enough. Ever since I cut her off she's been asking other people to pass messages along to me, despite me clearly stating that doing so would get her nowhere. I can honestly say that dropping her from my life is one of the best decisions I've ever made, and this is the happiest I've felt since my wedding day. I'm not letting her toxic nature hurt me again.

Comments

I'd stay away from her. She's obviously trying to use you for more drugs...

I'm well aware of this. I've tried, and failed, to overlook her major flaws in the past. That's why I decided enough is enough. Ever since I cut her off she's been asking other people to pass messages along to me, despite me clearly stating that doing so would get her nowhere. I can honestly say that dropping her from my life is one of the best decisions I've ever made, and this is the happiest I've felt since my wedding day. I'm not letting her toxic nature hurt me again.

Good for you, OP. You might also tell anyone who tries to give you messages from her that you don't want them to do so any more -- or, if you prefer, that the only thing you want anybody to pass on to you from her is an apology and repayment for the money she stole from your account.

The latter has already been done. She spoke to my dad to speak on her behalf (which is hilarious to me, because he is probably the only person on this planet who hates her as much as I do), and that was the message he gave her. But I doubt any sincere form of apology will take place. She's proven before that she'll only "sincerely" apologize if the results work in her favor. But after a while, she always falls back to her old habits.

They wouldn't be able to really do anything anyway, since she doesn't even live in the same country as me (she's in the UK, I'm in the US). But if she keeps this up, I'm pretty sure I have enough grounds to get a restraining order. I wasn't kidding when I told her to stay out of my life.

Good on you for banning her from your life! I'm sure that things are much easier now, and I hope she gives up on harassing you soon!

That's what I hope, too. But it doesn't seem likely. You see, she's recently charmed my brother's girlfriend into thinking she's a sweet, caring person. She's pretty much the main messenger my mother sends, but they've never actually met in person yet, so she has no idea what she's capable of besides what I've told her. My brother has always been a mama's boy, so I can't really count on him to help me explain our mother to her. Unfortunately, the only way it seems they'll actually side with me is if she does the same to them as she did with my husband and me. At first, the only thing I was angry about was the hell she gave him just two days after the wedding. I hadn't learned about the stolen money until after she left, which apparently happened when I was still a kid. My dad had a savings account each for my brother and me to save up our college funds. He'd put money in both accounts every paycheck, and it would be gone just a couple days later. This is also how I found out why he divorced her.

Then it's probably best to just work on that restraining order. I'm fairly certain that people can get in trouble for helping someone attempt to circumvent a restraining order. It might help to tell your brother about the college fund thing, too. Or if he's really that oblivious, it could come down to having to tell both her and him that if she doesn't stop harassing you on behalf of your mom, that you're gonna have to cut them off.