This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By TrueFriendship - 21/02/2017 12:00 - France

Today, my best friend can't be at my birthday party. I found out it's because she's having her birthday party on the exact same day. I guess my present is not having to deal with that hypocrite anymore. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 485
You deserved it 639

Top comments

lemonlaide 9

Hypocrite doesn't make sense in this post unless you mean she's just a. Hypocritical person in general.

Doesn't sound like you are much of friends at all. Are you sure you're not imagining this friendship and possibly just being a stalker?

Comments

I actually have a friend whose (now ex-)boyfriend did this to her..

Doesn't sound like you are much of friends at all. Are you sure you're not imagining this friendship and possibly just being a stalker?

I'm thinking you are close but stalker is a little much

species4872 19

At least she would have more fun if she was stalking her.

dsrryo 0

If you were truly best friends, why not share the day and celebrate together..? This seems silly OP.

Chico149 5

OP sounds like a teenage girl with teenage girl problems. And I agree, if they were truly best friends, they would have found some kind of compromise.

From they way I read this FML it seems like the "best friend" wanted their own party and not have OP there, or why would they say they couldn't go to OP's party and then make their own party? Why should OP celebrate with them when the "best friend" clearly doesn't want to?

dsrryo 0

If you were truly best friends, why not share the day and celebrate together..? This seems silly OP.

lemonlaide 9

Hypocrite doesn't make sense in this post unless you mean she's just a. Hypocritical person in general.

Can't be that great a friend if that's the way you talk about your 'best friend'!

jnugzzz 6

Even if you did have separate parties, if you were that good of friends, not being together one day shouldn't ruin that. You sound like frenemies

CrazyJolteon 0

So she's a hypocrite for choosing her birthday over yours? Yeah your a friend I'd be happy to be rid of

The person having the birthday rarely has much if any say on what day their party is being held on. Are you sure it wasn't family schedules or some similar obligation that prevented her from changing the date? Seems a pretty harsh judgment for the situation. Also, hypocritical is when a person doesn't practice what they preach. I'm not sure where the hypocrisy was in this so maybe this isn't the whole story?