This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By MarriedSingleGuy - 16/10/2017 19:16

Today, it's been a year since my wife and I moved to our new house, and 3 months since she ordered a new king-sized bed. I still don't know what the bed feels like, but I have an awesome relationship with the couch. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 999
You deserved it 865

Ghost563412 tells us more.

Ghost563412 3

OP here. To address some confusion: I don't sleep in the same bed (or room, for that matter) because I apparently snore like a rusty chainsaw. We moved into our new place a year ago with an old beat up bed, she ordered a new bed while I was out of state working 4 months ago now. To further clarify, I've napped in the bed once, and we do use it for purposes other than sleeping. However, she has to sleep in an ice cold room, and I can't have cold temperatures because I have an ear that is very sensitive to cold. So, no, there has been no cheating on either behalf, and we have spoken about this... we agreed that this arrangement is for the better especially because I am also a very active sleeper. I've been known to punch people when sleeping. I also made this FML when I was going through a depressive episode.

Top comments

Lobby_Bee 17

What I really want to know is how bad you ****** up three months ago. It's weird, bad enough to be kicked out of bed for three months, but not bad enough to be in the same house. This fine line is near impossible to be on.

tarabella 7

uuhhh.....why? this needs so much more explanation, it makes no sense

Comments

I get having to sleep separate. We sometimes do also, due to snoring & varying temperature needs. I hear a quarter of all couples do! Perfectly normal & not indicative of marital trouble. BUT, why does she get a huge comfy bed, in a room designed for sleep, and OP gets the living room couch?! It would be fair to have 2 bedrooms and 2 proper beds.

it's gonna be fine. at least over in your country you have the space to do it. here we have to share a bed with trashing snoring spouse because the living room is taken up by the grandparents.

chessu 21

I kind of get it. I'm a lousy sleeper and I've always said that even if I met the man of my dreams, if he snored, that might actually be a deal breaker (that, or separate rooms). However, you should then take turns in the fancy bed, or you should both have your own rooms with beds - surely you were aware of this when buying the new house? If it's a permanent thing, why haven't you taken any steps to get off the sofa? Surely, you at least intend to be together 'til death do you part, so are you planning on sleeping on the sofa 'til you die?

mehimhere 11

snorestop and protective ear coverings do wonders. my hubby snores like a a rusty chainswaw being weilded by a bear with digestive issues while whild jackals nip at its ankles.. its that bad.. snorestop fixed it and they make ear covers and plugs that would help with the sensitivity.