By michelleccali - 21/12/2009 10:32 - United States

Today, it was our 6 month anniversary. My boyfriend didn’t get me a present or take me out to dinner. Instead he cried to me about how much he hates his life while he repeatedly punched himself in the face. Then he dropped me off to spend time with his mom. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 718
You deserved it 9 497

michelleccali tells us more.

Ok, yes I am a teenager. The reason I was so upset over him not doing anything for our 6 months together was because he made sure I got him a present, and told me a bunch of times that he was planning something fun. So he got my hopes up for nothing. Then when I got sad about it, he got mad at me and pretty much ignored me.

Top comments

MeGustaComer 0

6 month anniversary? Get a life, you greedy little girl.

Comments

Rabbity 0

What a stupid, whiny nut. Leave him and set him up with the "suicidal" cooking girl below.

that's like what happens to me sometimes, emotional breakdiwns cause of my depression FML

No such thing as a six month anniversary. Your boyfriend should post an FML about how you are making up celebrations to get more out of him instead of caring about what is bothering him.

six month anniversary...what a milestone. quit being retarded.

You know, getting worked up over the six-month mark is inane. It's not like it really makes sense to celebrate in the first place. How much of the majority do you think bothers to do anything for their half-birthdays? They'd rather celebrate it yearly. Or consider how many companies reward their employees for half a year's work as compared to a full year? Do you really have so little to deal with life that you fuss about such silly nonsense as a half-year anniversary? Get real.... On the other hand, I have to congratulate your boyfriend for making a fool of you. It's a pretty obvious act to follow - not only is he a liar, but he's a terrible actor to boot. Dump him.

Today, I was very depressive. I decided to open up en told my girlfriend all about how terrible I felt. In stead of comforting me and showing interest in me, she complained that I didn't buy her anything on the interwebz. FML

Anniversary is derived from the Latin "annus" meaning "year" and "eversio" meaning overturn. So 6 months anniversary is stupid. It's semi-anniversary tops. Also, your BF probably had a reason for doing what he did. Have you ever asked him? You know the saying: if you are not a part of the solution, then you are a part of the problem. (Edit: also, +1 to the one just above this)

Rabbity 0

Although I do love how if a girl were "depressed," people would be calling her a whiny bitch. But since it's a guy, people are calling the girl a whiny bitch. While I am not big on six-month anniversaries, I don't think people who celebrate them are clingy and nutty. Maybe she just wanted something small like flowers. Instead she got...well...that. I wouldn't want to put up with that on a regular day.

"Today, it was our 6 month anniversary. My girlfriend didn’t get me a present or take me out to dinner. Instead she cried to me about how much she hates her life while she repeatedly punched herself in the face. Then she dropped me off to spend time with her mom. FML" You seriously believe that FMLers would call the chick in the above hypothetical a "whiny bitch". Get real. If FML were as written above, everyone would be calling this douche a pussy. Hell, I bet somebody could post: "Today, my boyfriend got mad at me for not buying him shit for our 6 month anniversary. FML" and we'd all rightly tell her to dump that idiot.

i think people are more calling her a whiny bitch because all she was thinking about were presents while her boyfriend was depressed. and i completely agree that she is a whiny bitch. however, i also think that her boyfriend should get some help because if he gets depressed a lot, it could put a huge strain on their relationship. op, try to think about what it would be like if you were in his position and all he wanted was for you to cook dinner while he watched tv. i am assuming that you would freak the **** out and probably dump him. he went to his mom because YOU didn't care about him. and also maybe if you cared about him, he would do nice stuff for you like buy you flowers and take you out to dinner. but honestly, you don't deserve shit. you have to earn it. start acting like a girlfriend instead of a heartless bitch.

These times need lesser dumb asses like you... That have a ***** stuck up their asses

monthly anniversary? really? people celebrate those? wow, I can't even imagine what he is going to do to himself when you've been together for a year... or more!

Why does he have to get you anything or take you out to dinner? If it's so important, why don't YOU take HIM out to dinner and stop having such a snse of entitlement?