By need sleep - 25/02/2015 16:53 - United States - Severna Park

Today, it's been three days since I started working 12-hour night shifts. My neighbors have now decided to renovate their house. They're focusing on the rooms sharing my wall. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 347
You deserved it 2 335

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Guess you'll have to sleep on the sofa. Sorry op

Book yourself a hotel room for a day or two so you can at least get a little sleep.

Comments

martin8337 35

If course. That's the story of my life.

In your lifetime, people are constantly renovating the shared wall to your bedroom so you can't sleep? Or is the "story of your life" that things suck at the most inconvenient times? Because then I'd be looking for your same comment in every single FML here.

Haha, luck is definitely not in your favour.

is it allowed to do renovate work in neibhorhood area during nighttime...?

He works nights. He's trying to get sleep during the day.

The OP states he works night shift so I am guessing that the neighbour's are doing the renovations during the day when he is attempting to sleep.

You should focus on leaving your stereo full blast at the walls when you leave for work... So they have something nice to sleep to...

I don't think that OP's neighbours know that OP is working night shifts. And I also doubt that they renovate just for his lack of sleep. So why should OP behave like a dick and break the law? They would call the cops...

A good pair of noise canceling headphones (preferably Bose) will be costly but certainly worth it if these renovations will be continuing for the foreseeable future.

Tell the neighbours your issue and if they're good people then they'll do it when you aren't home

BitterSavage 20

Yeah, but like everyone else said, it is more than likely that OP is sleeping during daylight hours. If they only renovate when OP isn't home, their project would take forever and they'd be working without any natural light.

Only works during designated quiet hours if the city has them. Sounds like op is trying to sleep in the daytime, which is outside of quiet hours.

duhdarling 11