By hotride - 15/12/2010 16:34

Today, I woke up to the sound of sirens. My ex-girlfriend, who I had broken up with the day before, had set my car on fire. I had just finished restoring it. I was going to insure it today. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 810
You deserved it 6 500

jd7546 tells us more.

I had just started restoring it when I got it, and nobody would insure it when I got it. it looked like a junkyard heap of shit, I just got it back the day before I broke up with her. still have the burnt up shell in my drive way that I have to dispose of :(

Top comments

Hump_Zilla 0

prosecute her...sue...for value of car...if you just finished restoring it I'm sure you van het receipts to help fight your case

dougierocks 13

Can you prove it? will you prosecute her? it'll keep her outta your hair for a while..

Comments

BLueline89 0

I assume the car was a Chevy Blazer? Or was it a Pontiac Firebird? A Chevy Nova?

thy would ****** suck espestially if it was a nova if slip thy bitch sideways

It was a '69 Mustang Mach1, candy red with white racing stripes on vintage mustang chrome racing rims :'O the horror, the absolute horror! why!?!

FFML_314 11

I am just so...wow. LOL! Doc, your puns make my life happy.

Happy to oblige, as always. At least this didn't get moderated. I had a comment moderated for the first time in months today, and it made me shed one salty tear.

zp5 4

i feel bad for you, Doc. i really do. and i hear Nova's slip bitches sideways now? man, they've really went down.

actually, no. it was my prized possession, my 71 caddy eldorado :( shit was clean... I have pressed charges, she's ******* stupid cuz she sent me a text saying shed done it. bitches be crazy these days. my lawyer says she might be owing me 30 grand, so that eases the pain a little.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

seriously fire insurance for a car? really?

uhhh, generally you dont insure a car if youre not driving it.

You just don't **** with another person's car.

Umm yes. Insurance for a car being restored or stored. Most normal people that have a car worth enough to be restored have this type of insurance. It's inexpensive and saves a lot of heartache. It's fire/theft insurance for non drivable cars.

vip3r20 8

wtf is your problem?!? he said he was gonna insure it the next day. you don't know the whole story so he probably just finished restoring it recently and was searching for a company to insure him. not every insurance company will insure you or give you the type of coverage you want.

Read on dumb-ass I am not the only one asking that question. Now read this slowly. Usually if you have a car that is worth enough to be restored you will have some type of insurance on it. Any insurance company will insure a non drivable car against fire/theft. How do I know this? My 1969 camaro is insured and has been sitting for years and just now I am in process of a restore. Only a dumb-ass would have a nice car worthy of spending money to restore would not protect the investment.

I had just started restoring it when I got it, and nobody would insure it when I got it. it looked like a junkyard heap of shit, I just got it back the day before I broke up with her. still have the burnt up shell in my drive way that I have to dispose of :(

lier. this wasn't even your post. your profile says it all with no confirmed posts.

Chill out, guys. This is his FML. He just submitted it anonymously.

I am sorry. I do feel bad though. a car worth enough to restore and poof lost in a puff of smoke. I feel for you. what kind of car?

Man. I am sorry. i bet it looked good restored.

*liar. And maybe this is another account that he made cause he can't remember the email to the original.

You could always try suing her for the damages.

What a bitch. Take her to court. I'm sure you'll be able to get something out of it.

Either your ex is crazy or you wronged her in a serious way. There really isn't enough information here to tell.

It doesn't really matter if he wronged her; you have to be at least a little crazy, and most definitely stupid to risk potentially serious jail time over an ex.

bswole 1

i dont care what he did or what you think that just aint something you do to people

I don't know it might be worth it if it was one of those break-ups where he screws her and then as she is leaving breaks up with her as loudly and obviously as possible in front of a large group of his friends in as humiliating a way as possible such as calling her a lousy lay with a loose pussy. That's just one possible scenario for why an otherwise sane person might go psycho after a break-up.

#68 and #96 I think you misunderstood what I said. I definitely don't think what she did is okay in any circumstance, but I do think that perhaps if he broke up with her in a cruel way, that would explain her behavior. I never said that I approved of her behavior.

I'm not saying you approved. I'm just saying that there's plenty of information provided. She's either crazy and stupid or just stupid. The information you required doesn't seem necessary, in my opinion. *shrugs*

no you don't just burn things cause you can. even if he did something awful to her she could have reacted in a much more civilized manner

she was bipolar, thought I was cheating on her, so I broke up with her. she came before everything in my life, but it seems like the good ones always have trust issues...

@jd7546: The answer to your question is: because you go for looks and not the personality. Clearly, you need to change your strategy.

nothing from his post implies he went for looks

Iknoweverything 29

If you KNOW it was your ex, you should probably have proof before taking it to court. Otherwise, it's your word against hers, and a case of probable cause. Take pics, and get a lawyer.

well what the f*ck did u do 2 her for her to do that? some dudes deserve to get crap like that done to em'.

ulicksam 0

And some women are just plain psycho. Those are the same ones that assume just because a woman goes off the deep end, a man must have forced her there. Stupid ****.

WTF, gelica87???? Nobody deserves this done to them. There are other ways to get revenge without destroying the person's property. Thinking that it's OK to do something like this only shows your immaturity and lack of intelligence. Grow up please before you get into a relationship.

all up in ur chest about my comment! haha I love it!!!

gelica87, you are an idiot. And I have a feeling that you will be alone for a long, long time.

FOREVER-FOREVER-FOREVER-FOREVER-FOREVER-FOREVER-FOREVER-FOREVER-FOREVER FOREVER... (echo)

I have a feeling that gelica is a ugly fat uptight pig that hates everyone. I doubt that's her real pic

Ninjafriends 1

I actually suspect that's really her.

114, so I've heard? I'm 100% sure that's a googled picture.

maybe the b*tch was just psycho...if you think that anything is worth doing property damage to im going to go as far to say youre a psychob*tch to gelica

I just wanted to put the debate over whether this is really her to rest. Doing a reverse image search reveals that the image occurs in two other places on the internet and is an image of a model called Shantel Jackson, who is apparently engaged to Floyd Mayweather- whoever the frack that is. But who knows, maybe the future Madam Mayweather likes posting grammatically indecipherable comments on FML. :)

DPisKing 3

u don't know she was justified in her actions. since she's a woman, it was probably hormone fuelled PMS rage. assumptions are fun, yes?

YDI for not have insurance on it already.. I could see if it were a broken down plymouth acclaim but anything worth restoring should be insured from the get go..