By WendigogoAway - 15/08/2016 09:46 - United States - Toledo

Today, I woke up at 5 a.m. to the sound of my cat knocking things over. It wasn't until my boyfriend sat upright and checked, that I realized it actually wasn't our cat, but my boyfriend's crazy ex-girlfriend trying to get into our second-story window. This isn't the first time she's done this. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 723
You deserved it 1 030

WendigogoAway tells us more.

OP here (I made this account after submitting this, I didn't think it would get accepted.) Basically after her constantly cheating on him, claiming he was abusive despite her being physically abusive to him, and lying all the time, he'd had enough and threw her out since she decided to keep going back and forth between him and another guy. (And she had the balls to claim she was pregnant with his kid, even though she was on birth control). She'd left a ton of her stuff, and even though he'd texted her/called her to tell her that if she didn't pick it up he'd throw it all out, she never replied or made any indication that she was going to pick it up. Suddenly she thinks it's a good idea to come at over at random times, climb the side of the house, and try to get in the window, saying she needs to get in the garage and get some old stuff. (I have no idea why, because there's literally nothing in there that is worth this much trouble.) The reason why she climbs the side of the house is because my boyfriend and I both live with his dad by paying rent and just living upstairs. His dad doesn't want her around the house anymore because of their previous arguments, which made the environment depressing, and the fact that she put a hole in the wall before. This was the last straw, she hadn't come around for months and after shooing her away this time, we're going to take legal action if it happens again. Neither of us knew how to properly react since it was so early in the morning that we just wanted to get some sleep. (I couldn't manage to fall asleep until at least 9AM)

Top comments

Call the police and get a restraining order.

Call the cops and have them come out. If you haven't done so already. That way there is a record of her harassing you and trying to break in. I also suggest getting a restraining order against her. It may deter her some.

Comments

She might have been hurt really bad and this is her way of revenge..seriously no girl goes this crazy without a reason right? it's still.. really crazy

truebells 3

girls aren't always the victim. having a ****** doesn't make you an innocent angel.

No, some are crazy just for no reason. I don't care what your ex did or how hurt you are, you don't go breaking into their house or scaling their building. The best revenge to a bad break up is moving on and showing you can get on without them, not resorting to petty vengeful tactics.

What the **** man ? Do you live in a fairytale ? Have you never heard of mentally unstable people ? I've read tons of stupid things excusing a girl's horrible misbehavior and but this it the first time i read something making the victim out of a crazy chick who tries to break several times into her ex's house. The world isn't full of rainbows and princesses, welcome to the real world, dude.

OP here (I made this account after submitting this, I didn't think it would get accepted.) Basically after her constantly cheating on him, claiming he was abusive despite her being physically abusive to him, and lying all the time, he'd had enough and threw her out since she decided to keep going back and forth between him and another guy. (And she had the balls to claim she was pregnant with his kid, even though she was on birth control). She'd left a ton of her stuff, and even though he'd texted her/called her to tell her that if she didn't pick it up he'd throw it all out, she never replied or made any indication that she was going to pick it up. Suddenly she thinks it's a good idea to come at over at random times, climb the side of the house, and try to get in the window, saying she needs to get in the garage and get some old stuff. (I have no idea why, because there's literally nothing in there that is worth this much trouble.) The reason why she climbs the side of the house is because my boyfriend and I both live with his dad by paying rent and just living upstairs. His dad doesn't want her around the house anymore because of their previous arguments, which made the environment depressing, and the fact that she put a hole in the wall before. This was the last straw, she hadn't come around for months and after shooing her away this time, we're going to take legal action if it happens again. Neither of us knew how to properly react since it was so early in the morning that we just wanted to get some sleep. (I couldn't manage to fall asleep until at least 9AM)

That's insane! I'd get a restraining order ... And a taser or something else to defend yourselves with. If she has a habit of being abusive and violent, this is nessecary

risher01 16

I've heard of exes stalking or trying to harass their former partners, but trying to break into someone's house is a new level of crazy.

Make a police report. You might need two otherwise your PPO might get thrown out. Police reports help too. She is legally breaking and entering. It is obvious that she is living somewhere else.

Definitly take legal action. God bless you. Sorry to hear OP!

Your bf's ex sounds very obsessive and unstable. I wouldn't wait until "next time," file charges now, at least get a restraining order. Her behaviour is incredibly alarming, especially given her violent past with your boyfriend. Now, even after everything is over, she's taken to stalking, trespassing, and trying to break and enter. I don't want to scare you, but next time could be more serious, so you should get ahead of this now. I'd install some kind of outside security camera too, just to catch her in case she comes back, have hard evidence for the police. Also to monitor things if all of you are ever out of the house, I'm guessing she'd be the type to try and take advantage of that.

I wouldn't wait until next time if I were you, I would get the cops immediately and try to get a restraining order.

Get Dad to file too, since he's the property owner.

@20, illegally is what i presume you meant, since legally breaking and entering is unusual in most parts.

The first time you should have called the police on her, for attempted breaking and entry and of course domestic violence, then you'd never have to hear about her again

I heavily recommend pressing charges on this stalker chick. Restraining orders won't do anything, they're just a piece of paper. I heavily recommend you and your boyfriend you both start looking for a place of your own and at least have his father upgrade the home security system. This woman needs to be locked up for a lot of reasons and if you guys don't do anything, it's only going to get worse.

nicholasa631 8

simple, call 911 report someone attempting to force entry into the house. Advise dispatch that you are in fear for safety. when officers arrive give them the person's full name and all information and as many details as possible. in the morning go to the commissioner's office and request an emergency protective order.

@35. I think what 20 meant is that in legal terms, the ex is breaking and enterring, as opposed to just trespassing

@56, true though that could be, i do believe, considering both the context and the structure of the following sentence; "She is legally breaking and entering" that my correction was correct.

If you're that sure she's going to be back, you might consider talking to an attorney now about your legal options. Best to be prepared. Good luck

SmittyJA24 26

You should take legal action NOW, don't wait for a "next time".

Keep a super soaker near the bed. Should work for both cats and crazy ex girlfriends.

Dat damn wumin just scream "git git" and pull owshu shogun n if she aint scat shoot and scream "git owf meh lawun" Your a redneck right?

where did you ever come up with that conclusion? your ass? pull your damn head out of it so you can actually read.

The OP isn't even from a stereotypically "redneck" state, the FML location says she's from Ohio. Even if she was, this isn't needed, it's too over the top and pretty insulting.

1) You're* 2) Rednecks don't sound like that. That was more drunken Bostonian. 3) STFU and go back to your rock.

Restraining orders: ineffective if not used. Be careful, too, for your cat - a crazy bitch like that probably wouldn't have any problems hurting an animal - she was already physically abusive to your boyfriend. Also, the water gun suggested in an earlier comment isn't a bad idea. Squirt bottle of water for the naughty kitty. Super soaker of vinegar/bleach/mace/rubbing alcohol for the crazy.

only vinegar the other things are all too dangerous

This is what restraint orders are for, sure it won't stop her coming around but it will punish her when she does

Yeah I think a restraining order would be good

Spray her with a water gun, it works on cats