By I hate Walmart???? - 24/02/2014 09:36 - United States - Greensboro

Today, I went to the self-checkout line at Walmart. When I tried to pay, the cash wouldn't go in, so I stood there trying to cram money into the thing that's supposed to take your money. What I didn't realize was that there was a sign up top that said: "No Cash. Cards Only." FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 910
You deserved it 41 625

Same thing different taste

Top comments

On the bright side, it didn't steal your money like nearly every vending machine I've encountered

Thereʻs no good way to break this to you. Youʻre one of the People of WalMart.

Comments

customers really hate reading signs. I worked ay Kroger for a few years, and I ran the self check out modules. Occasionally one would mess up and not accept cash. So I would put a sign covering the money slot, and two more signs up around the screen, indicating that the machine wouldn't take cash. I would still have customers come up, move the sign covering the money slot, and get angry when it wouldn't accept their cash.

People do that with the checkout closed signs as well. Really annoying. If a checkout is closed, obviously you are not going to be served at it. Then when you calmly explain to them that the checkout is in fact closed, and no one is serving at it, they get annoyed at you for it.

Are "people of Walmart" really that bad? I'm sorry, I'm from Belgium. We don't have a Walmart here :p

Squeaky_Tomato 14

Haha yes they are. Google People of Walmart. There is an entire website dedicated to the type of people who shop there.

You didn't happen to try to spit out your car on your way home only to find out the window was still up did you?

Wrong FML Bro! You're worse than the Walmart dude up there!

sweetestbitcheva 14

He was just making a joke with the other FML...

as long as no one who knew u saw it....its fine

Haecceitas 13

notalwaysright.com-moment, huh? Happens! :)

That was definitely a "facepalm" moment. Hopefully there weren't too many customers waiting in line behind you while you held up the line.

I see this all the time when I shop. People need to wake up and read the four or five signs around the self serve machines that clearly indicate what it doesn't accept.

Kristoffer 35

At my store we're no longer allowed to post the signs, but the register itself will still warn you rather obviously. People just don't pay attention. It's a chronic state of affairs.

Kristoffer 35

As a Wal-Mart cashier, I know that when a self-checkout is in Cards Only mode, it displays a warning dialog box with onscreen buttons and speaks "do you wish to continue?", explaining the problem on-screen and prompting you to press "Yes" if you're paying with a card, or "no" if paying with cash. People ignore this message all the damn time. Doesn't mean it's any less of a YDI.

As a CSM at Walmart I know that if the customer presses the add bag button before pressing start that the register will not prompt the cards only screen. (:

amplify01 3

I worked at walmart, and before you start using the self check out it tells you what the machine accepts. To have your post as I hate walmart is stupid. Learn how to read.

I_Am_Melanie 15

You're the kind of people us cashiers don't like.