By Anonymous - 27/06/2014 17:32 - Japan - Yokohama

Today, I went to the hospital due to vomiting and abdominal pain, and they decided to fit me with an IV drip. It took several tries by two different people to get the cannula in. I feel like a human pin-cushion. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 828
You deserved it 4 499

Same thing different taste

Top comments

To be honest, I'm not sure there are many people that do like needles...

As a nurse OP, we try to get it done as fast as we can. It sucks and sometimes we can't find a good vein to work with, but we aren't purposely trying to hurt you. Stay strong OP you can do it!

Comments

My record is 14. When I was pregnant with my first I had to go for a glucose test during which they draw blood 4 times over 4 hours to test. Time after time I asked for someone else to try inserting the needle, and time after time the dumb bitch tech stuck me no less than three times before calling for help. By the third hour I was cursing at her and refusing to continue the test until someone else drew my blood. The new person was no better.

You were probably dehydrated. When that happened to me they put a warm wet towel on my hand and plumped the vain up.

Aviaf 9

I once had five people doing this... For two hours. Needless to say, my operation was greatly delayed....

That's not fyl, it happens all the time. As a nurse sometimes people have very hard veins especially when they are dehydrated. It's unfortunately sometimes part if the process. Feel better though

If that was me they'd have had to tie me down to the hospital bed and knock me out with laughing gas or I probably would have screamed and tried to murder someone. I hate needles. It's a deep, deep hatred.

I'm going to go against the grain here, and ask if it was your appendix? Abdominal pain and vomiting are two pretty big red flags for appendicitis.

Well yeah, if you were vomiting, you probably got dehydrated and it's real hard to get an IV on someone who's dehydrated.

you were probably dehydrate some causing the veins to shrink

ms_boogerbear 4

Become a type 1 diabetic. Then you can complain about feeling like a human pin-cushion. -.-

I know the feeling ,bud. I used to get an IV every week for my migraines, and my veins collapse, so I know the feeling.