By StupidDentist - 20/06/2011 19:21 - United States

Today, I went to the dentist to get a filling. Instead of giving me Novocaine, my dentist decided he was going to use a special new paste on me while he drilled. It didn't work. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 948
You deserved it 3 175

Same thing different taste

Top comments

caity1419 0

And you didn't stop him or tell him?

Comments

You think thats bad? My dentist forgot to give me pain killers when I had a tooth REMOVED. I can tell you, THAT was painful.

that happened to me one time, except i was getting novican but I thought I would get the novicane through the mask, and I totally wasnet expecting the shot through the gums. it hurt!

#152 - You can't get novacaine through the mask. The gas that comes through the mask is most likely a mix of Nitrous Oxide and Oxygen, to make you relaxed prior to getting the novocaine injection, and throughout the procedure.

I actually never let my dentist use novocane, and to me it doesn't really hurt.

crosscountry123 0

I find amusement in others pain. hahahaha! -sorry! soundspainful should've video taped it!

what he probably used was benzocaine a anesthetic thats used in pain relievers or cough drops. its also used in dental clinics around the world as a anesthetic gel.. its not his or your fault.. blame biology. people aren't all made the same. their are people who are sensitive and others not so. if he was getting into the dentin, you would need at least 1-2 shots to get numb. unlike most people, i need 3-4 shots to be able to not to feel anything.. im betting he was trying to stay in the enamel, but im thinking you'd still need the shot if it was a big enough cavity.. right im a loser.. carry on..

Adanberger 0

it doesn't hurt at all to get a filing with out novacaine. I do it when I ever I need one.

kennaem1 11

I hope they didn't charge you OP.

Yessi_Boo 14

That happened to me once...