By Anonymous - 19/07/2019 02:00

Today, for the third time in as many months, I woke up early and got dressed up for our department’s networking breakfast, where I stood in the back with no seat and no food, while employees from other departments and less senior staff ate breakfast. My boss later asked me if the food was good. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 520
You deserved it 472

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Your version of “early” is probably on time. You need to get there an hour early, stuff your face before the others get there and pretend you have self-control when the do show up and you don’t eat.

sounds like seating is first come first serve if your boss thought you got a seat. if that was the case ydi for sure

Comments

Your version of “early” is probably on time. You need to get there an hour early, stuff your face before the others get there and pretend you have self-control when the do show up and you don’t eat.

sounds like seating is first come first serve if your boss thought you got a seat. if that was the case ydi for sure

Why couldn't you eat standing up anyway esp. at meeting #2+ since you're now aware of the situ and thus have responded accordingly?

So just because others are less senior than you, you feel like you are more entitled to a seat and breakfast, even though it sounds like you turned up too late? Maybe try showing up earlier next time, instead of whining about others who apparantly were better planners than you.

why are you standing in the back? if seating is assigned work eith the person assigning seats to make sure you get one. if it's not assigned then YDI for not grabbing a seat.

Be super duper early next time. In fact, sleep in the room the night before, in the comfiest chair in the room, and provide your own Froot Loops and milk.

So why no food? Because you don't have a seat? Or what? Is there not enough food?

YDI. For all the reasons you said... Less senior staff should be the ones eating the food. serve your subordinates first in every way!

OP here, wow so many comments saying I deserved it. Let me clarify a few things. I was there before everyone (even my boss) so stfu about me being late. Secondly, I was told when I first started that people with seniority get seats. Third, they only make food for the seat number so there is nothing to eat if your standing.

Then.. WHY DIDN’T YOU SIT DOWN AND CLAIM A SEAT? It’s not that hard to sit down if you’re the first one there, man.

still doesnt explain why you were standing. if you were the first one there it implies standing was a personal choice, so YDI