By arsenicalhumor - 27/03/2013 01:37 - Canada - Montreal

Today, I went to the bank to find out why they've taken $200 from me. By the time I show them my bank card, ID and tell them my problem, they accuse me of stealing my own identity, and refuse to give me my money back. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 991
You deserved it 2 492

arsenicalhumor tells us more.

Hello, OP here.. Yes, there is way more to this story, but it was too long for the FML post. So, I once had to go to a Cash Money Store, two christmas 's ago, because I had no money and just lost a job, needing Christmas presents- I sold my soul to one of those stores. For months on end that Cash Money store kept taking money from me (even though I gave them what they needed back) and ever since then, once every two months the bank would make excuses as to why they'd need all of my money, examples: "Oh the Cash Money Store took OUR money and so we are taking YOURS " , "Oh there is this fee you never payed this month and so we took extra" "Oh it's this mandatory add-on that we put on people's accounts" ,in the end I told them I wanted to switch banks, and that's when they started to accuse me of identity theft. Now mind you- I still look the same, I don't age quickly, and so in the end their arguments were invalid, but because they are a bank, it is a little difficult to just be like "Oh, your branch is wrong, and I am right" yes I did switch banks, and I hope this helped with some of the confusion. Thank you :).

Top comments

Thats the laziest excuse ive ever heard from a bank. Good luck getting it sorted OP.

Broke, yet still tries to make people happy by buying Christmas presents, deserves having money stolen from him? I think your logic is flawed #64.

Comments

I have a savings account specifically for when I get unfrozen in 1,000 years. I'll be the oldest billionaire on the planet, assuming we're not all being controlled by giant ants, or worse... Super intelligent alien cats! Oh the humanity!

Just make sure not to spend it on 1,000 year-old cans of anchovies.

And then have your mom beat you up and take all your money.

nightwolf86 7

Then get in the freezer so we don't have to read your stupid bs anymore.

swimagirl4321 15

bank error NOT in your favor! Do NOT pass GO, do not collect $200.

Try going in and talking to representative and not the tellers. Tellers can't really help you as much. You might also want to know when you opened the account, the last 5 transactions that YOU made and specific branch that you opened your account with. It's tedious but worth it.

Sadly if your name is anything similar to someone else's in your state this can happen. I had to call my bank one time and since its all over the phone I didn't want to give them my social security number. They said that since that was the case they needed to do a "public records" search and asked me a ton of questions. All of which I answered incorrectly. I was denied access to my account based on that. Once I went into my local branch the mistake was easily cleared up. All of this because someone used my debit card to purchase a few airline tickets on AeroMexico. Be careful where you swipe and check your transactions frequently.

Great, you had $200 in your account, aaaaaaand it's gone.

acerima 11

You must bank with BoA. Just for that FYL.

tj5810 21

My thoughts exactly. BOA will get you for all they can... Craziness.