By PapaMoti - 15/08/2013 08:04 - Canada - Toronto

Today, I went to a store. I was wearing a shirt that I'd bought from the very same store, and was accused of stealing. When I tried explaining, the manager said I was lying because I'm a teenager and "all teenagers are full of shit." FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 999
You deserved it 3 951

PapaMoti tells us more.

Thanks for all the helpful comments! As to what happened next, security was called and we ended up looking at the camera footage which proved that I didn't steal the shirt. The manager was humiliated and apologized, but either way I am not going to be shopping from that store ever again.

Top comments

Come back again with your receipt purchased?

flashback.miss 28

What a presumptuous prick. What, is he bitter and jealous of the younger generation? Should've brought the receipt and humiliated him.

Comments

Get an attorney and sue the store. To accuse you without proof is illegal and this happened anywhere in public or you were detained without charges it can cost them.

AnnaMariaMc 8

Ask if there's a camera at the front. Even if you don't have the receipt you can prove that you walked in wearing it. Plus you can sue.

KylarStern19 7

Just tell him to **** off and if he tries to have you arrested let it happen and then sue the manager and the store for filing false charges against you.

Tell him to just go **** himself in the ass with a rake. That would help his shitty attitide and keep him from sitting for a while. Better yet, shove a rake up his ass for him. Be helpful.

fffianist 9

They pull this kind of crooked business at my job too, telling me to ghost teenagers and children around the store and be extra vigilant about bag checks. More often than not when the targets are within earshot. It's disgusting, but if it makes you feel any better, the supervisors that are the most discriminatory are also the most miserable and express their fear of death the most. If this guy had said something like that to me, I'd maybe email his superiors, spread the word about him, something like that. And I'd definitely never shop there again.

Also, since as mentioned before it only detects security tags, it'll only go off for items equipped with those tags. At my store none of the shirts or other clothing has those tags on them since it wouldn't be very cost effective to protect our cheap clothes for our low-risk area.

sematariux 7

Op, if you can get yourself coming into the store with the shirt already on, you not only prove your innocence, BUT you now have a valid harassment case against that ******* manager. Sue the shit out of him for "mental anguish" and all sorts of other made up crap that other people get rich for.

You should have told them to review the tape of the entrance and show them u had it on

A friend of mine got accused of stealing her own rings once. She put the ring she was wearing - which wasn't even one the store carried - between her teeth while she tried on a new one, then put the one she tried on back and her own ring on her finger. Security guard grabbed her and she ended up having to go to court and shit.