By PapaMoti - 15/08/2013 08:04 - Canada - Toronto

Today, I went to a store. I was wearing a shirt that I'd bought from the very same store, and was accused of stealing. When I tried explaining, the manager said I was lying because I'm a teenager and "all teenagers are full of shit." FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 999
You deserved it 3 951

PapaMoti tells us more.

Thanks for all the helpful comments! As to what happened next, security was called and we ended up looking at the camera footage which proved that I didn't steal the shirt. The manager was humiliated and apologized, but either way I am not going to be shopping from that store ever again.

Top comments

Come back again with your receipt purchased?

flashback.miss 28

What a presumptuous prick. What, is he bitter and jealous of the younger generation? Should've brought the receipt and humiliated him.

Comments

He talk like as if he never went through the phase of being a teenager.... Rude prick.

Thanks for all the helpful comments! As to what happened next, security was called and we ended up looking at the camera footage which proved that I didn't steal the shirt. The manager was humiliated and apologized, but either way I am not going to be shopping from that store ever again.

I was always so paranoid about this when I was younger, never mind his humiliation though, poor you!

I was once browsing at a local strandbags shop, I had a couple of bags slung 'round my arm that I planned to buy for myself and friends, when I heard one of the shop assistants tell the other 'better watch out she plans to shoplift'. So I put my $300 or so worth of bags back and never went to that store again

ShadowTheDumbass 10

The manager sounds like an ass. You made the right decision to stop shopping there.

Hollisters? They have a great rep so far...

Bludmagnus 13

I don't blame you, and he really deserved to lose his job.

I have this fear of being accused of shoplifting if I go into a store wearing one of their merchandise. You're making the right choice by not going there again.

TeaRex__ 23

it's a 3 years late reply, but it might just be accidents, when I'm scrolling my thumb sometime hit one of the buttons so without me meaning to I give a FYL or YDI.

Yessi_Boo 14

Make him check the camera of when you walked in

sounds like the loss of customers to me

Now I'm terrified that this'll happen to me each time I go to the mall. O_O

I think people who hate kids and terms have forgotten that they were once kids and teens.

lovedbynoone 22

This is one of my biggest fears! I purposely don't wear clothes from stores that I know I'll be shopping at when I go out.