By PapaMoti - 15/08/2013 08:04 - Canada - Toronto

Today, I went to a store. I was wearing a shirt that I'd bought from the very same store, and was accused of stealing. When I tried explaining, the manager said I was lying because I'm a teenager and "all teenagers are full of shit." FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 999
You deserved it 3 951

PapaMoti tells us more.

Thanks for all the helpful comments! As to what happened next, security was called and we ended up looking at the camera footage which proved that I didn't steal the shirt. The manager was humiliated and apologized, but either way I am not going to be shopping from that store ever again.

Top comments

Come back again with your receipt purchased?

flashback.miss 28

What a presumptuous prick. What, is he bitter and jealous of the younger generation? Should've brought the receipt and humiliated him.

Comments

Never come back to this ****** up shop again. They are idiots

They can still hold you under suspicion though. And once they've looked at the security footage, you go straight over his head and lodge a complaint.

He must have been a pretty horrible teenager to give himself that impression.

Ugh, I can sympathize OP, I'm often misjudged because I'm a teenager. It sucks that a handful of assholes cause all teens to be seen as "full of shit".

Since you didn't say you were arrested, I assume you weren't. He owes you an apology, and if you don't get one, you should let all of your friends know what just what that store thinks of teenagers.

ileenefudge 29

That's one store to avoid. He seems crazy. I honestly don't understand how people like that get managerial positions. unless it was his own business. Either way I wouldn't be coming back to that store again.

angelofmusic113 9

I guess that will be the last time you shop at that store. Tell everyone you know to stay away, too. Or if there is a way, send a complaint to the store. Maybe they'll try to make up for the incident somehow. Coupon or gift card or something... Who knows?

smartazzbeach75 4

Usually there are security cameras. You should have told the troll to check them so she could see you walk in. But seriously, most teenagers do lie, about EVERYTHING. Just a fact

No, that is not "Just a fact." That is a stereotype, and a stupid one at that. Shame on you for having that mindset.

Your comment makes me wonder just how horrible of a teenager you were. How many times did you do something evil?

Hopefully you weren't arrested and don't have to deal with criminal charges. If it's a chain store, write a politely worded letter to the corporate office and let them know the date and time of your visit and the guy's name and the facts and circumstances surrounding the visit. Tell them you were extremely disappointed by what happened. Don't go back unless you get some kind of redress and assurances that you'll never encounter that manager again. Also, let your friends know how they treat teenaged shoppers. You'll hit them in the wallet and you might spare some of your friends the same indignity.