By Opheliae - 29/07/2013 16:47 - United States - Allendale

Today, I watched my boyfriend flirt with a cashier and write down his number for her, through the liquor store window, while I sat in the car waiting for him to finish buying things for our "romantic movie night." FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 426
You deserved it 5 266

Opheliae tells us more.

Wow, I can't believe this got posted so soon, haha. Anyway, the beau had already purchased his beverage of choice earlier without getting anything for me, so we went back. I gave him cash to pay for my portion, which is why I know he didn't sign a credit card receipt because I watched him pay cash through the window. Not to mention they were smiling and talking for a solid 4 or 5 minutes, and he was on his way out when the cashier called him back, and that's when I saw him write it down. We've been exclusive for 8 months. Before that he had been single and livin' that bachelor life for nearly 4 years, so sometimes he gets out of line and I gotta reel him back in. When I asked him about it in the car, he said she was attending the same concert as us in the fall and wanted to meet up. When I told him my misgivings, he agreed and promised not to text her back if she contacted him. It's all good.

Top comments

And then you dumped him and took the liquor for yourself, right?

Smash open a bottle of beer on his dumbass head and leave him passed out in a gutter. Or just dump him, that works too

Comments

chocolatefrog28 29

That's when you lock the doors of the car, write him a note of his own "Congrats, you're single again!" and leave his ass there.

Unless it's his car. Then you're in a bit of a pickle

Giving out your number is the gateway to cheating.get rid of him before its too late

No, flirting is the gateway to cheating. Giving out your number is the offer.

Some people are flirty by nature. My husband is a huge flirt, as am I. But without trust it wouldn't work. I wouldn't go so far as to say flirting is a gateway, only if its INTENT was to find someone else.

Ouch.... That has to be hard to watch. Asking him if it was worth sleeping alone.

xStaciexLynnx 15

Something tells me he won't be sleeping alone either way...

buttcramp 21

maybe he was signing the receipt?

Exactly what I was thinking. How can she know what was said or what was written if she was waiting in the car?

I thought as "buttcramp". Are you sure he wasn't signing a receipt??

or maybe he was signing a credit card slip??

I can't help but wonder if you were just being paranoid and if he was just signing his reciept. I understand laughing about something and smiling might look like flirting through a window but I'm not convinced that's what really happened.

Maybe he was just signing his credit card receipt