By Anonymous - 15/04/2009 19:45 - United States

Today, I was visiting my grandmother's house. She keeps the thermostat on 85 and after about 30 minutes I explained to her "I'm going to have to leave, it's just too hot in here". She replied: "You think it's hot in here, wait until you get to hell." I laughed. She didn't. FML
I agree, your life sucks 67 537
You deserved it 6 333

Same thing different taste

Top comments

wow nice grandma..lol but sry thats hilarious.

tell her in detail what you do to sexy men you like.

Comments

# 81 Pascal's wager again. Well, say this to her: "Someone told me today that God actually blessed us with rationality so we could free ourselves from superstition. Therefore, only atheists will get into paradise. People who acted morally out of fear of punishment won't; and people who gave up their sacred freedom and autonomy by worshipping higher beings won't either. Instead, they will be tossed into eternal fires for being submissive and gullible." Guess she didn't think of that possibility ;)

Hydra_fml 0

#10 "Today, I realized I had nothing better to do with my time than post religious-zealot rants on fmylife.com. FML." OP, that just sucks. Old granny burns are the worst. Why did she get angry, because you thought the thermostat was too high? FYL.

To #80: Take your son, your only son – yes, Isaac, whom you love so much – and go to the land of Moriah. Sacrifice him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains, which I will point out to you." (Genesis 22:1-18) Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT) "If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB) Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death. (Exodus 21:15 NAB) Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him." (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT) The LORD then gave these further instructions to Moses: 'Tell the people of Israel to keep my Sabbath day, for the Sabbath is a sign of the covenant between me and you forever. It helps you to remember that I am the LORD, who makes you holy. Yes, keep the Sabbath day, for it is holy. Anyone who desecrates it must die; anyone who works on that day will be cut off from the community. Work six days only, but the seventh day must be a day of total rest. I repeat: Because the LORD considers it a holy day, anyone who works on the Sabbath must be put to death.' (Exodus 31:12-15 NLT) Make ready to slaughter his sons for the guilt of their fathers; Lest they rise and posses the earth, and fill the breadth of the world with tyrants. (Isaiah 14:21 NAB) "Then I heard the LORD say to the other men, "Follow him through the city and kill everyone whose forehead is not marked. Show no mercy; have no pity! Kill them all – old and young, girls and women and little children. But do not touch anyone with the mark. Begin your task right here at the Temple." So they began by killing the seventy leaders. "Defile the Temple!" the LORD commanded. "Fill its courtyards with the bodies of those you kill! Go!" So they went throughout the city and did as they were told." (Ezekiel 9:5-7 NLT) Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword. Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes. Their homes will be sacked and their wives raped by the attacking hordes. For I will stir up the Medes against Babylon, and no amount of silver or gold will buy them off. The attacking armies will shoot down the young people with arrows. They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children. (Isaiah 13:15-18 NLT) I will make Mount Seir utterly desolate, killing off all who try to escape and any who return. I will fill your mountains with the dead. Your hills, your valleys, and your streams will be filled with people slaughtered by the sword. I will make you desolate forever. Your cities will never be rebuilt. Then you will know that I am the LORD. (Ezekiel 35:7-9 NLT) Let me know if you need any more evidence that your god is pretty much evil, and all of the things described in post 71.

ohhhhshizzz 0

#84: "Someone told me today that God actually blessed us with rationality so we could free ourselves from superstition. Therefore, only atheists will get into paradise. People who acted morally out of fear of punishment won't; and people who gave up their sacred freedom and autonomy by worshipping higher beings won't either. Instead, they will be tossed into eternal fires for being submissive and gullible." Did I say I "worshipped?" no i did not, she merely BELIEVES. Read before you write again. I am a Baptist because that is the church I go to on holiday and other days. But I don't believe everything in the bible so you might as well not assume either. #86: BTW: God didn't write the bible, just thought I'd put that out there, it has been rewritten so many times that what you just posted is probably fake because we have no clue what they were talking about in the FIRST language the bible was written in. So you might as well stfu too.

#88 I'm pretty sure, if you ask, most Christians believe that the Bible is the literal word of god, hence the reason they use it to hate-monger. I obviously don't believe it, but Jews most certainly believe that it was handed down directly from God himself and he oversaw the writing of it, therefore making it infallible. And the Old Testament, from which those quotes are taken, was written in a language still commonly used today - Hebrew - so I'm pretty sure our English translations are relatively accurate. It's the New Testament that's sketchy and been translated from multiple languages. You should really read up on your religious history and current practices before you tell somebody to STFU. I also find it interesting you consider yourself a Baptist and don't believe a word in the Bible. I'm not really sure that's possible....but I'm interested in how it works.

#63, you said "You're going to hell" = "You're a bad person" You don't seem to understand the based facets of Christianity. I know most atheists can't grasp this concept, but a well-learned Bible believing Christian would never call themselves a good person, and they would never call themselves a better person than an atheist. A Christian should believe that all are equally evil (by rebelling against their Creator by nature), but that God can save their condition - by no merit of the individual. You're going to Hell = You're a bad person You're going to Heaven = You're a bad person, but accepted the gift of forgiveness. Nobody should be elevated above another. At least, not from a true Bible believing Christian's perspective. As for the OP, I think the grandma may have a superiority complex, which she shouldn't, and her approach is terrible. But old people can be that way. #86, I don't know why you prefer quoting the NLT, it's pretty awful. I could tear through the quotes in your post, but I really don't have the time or energy to waste doing so, especially on a joke site.

ohhhhshizzz 0

#89: why are you telling me to read this and why the **** should I care, because you are an athiest whoopde damn ******* doo. I really don't care what you believe, or anyone else for that matter. You believe whatever you want, and I'll do the same. So don't tell me to read bull shit that I could care less about, because you should really read some of my other posts.

ohhhhshizzz 0

#90: I said I don't believe some things in the bible. I've always thought that if God did right the bible then every religions bible would contain the same writings and they don't some religions have you believing in other Gods, or restricting some things or just not clear. I believe the gist of it but there are just some things I just have to wonder about because like I said that it has been rewritten so many times...

nickk_v 0

YDI for not being normal. don't sin and she won't say that. it's probably true you ****.