By AkGirl1991 - 11/03/2012 11:33 - United States

Today, I was opening a present my boyfriend got me for my 21st birthday. What I unwrapped was a Kay jewelers box. Excited, I opened it to find a ring made out of a one dollar bill. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 196
You deserved it 5 017

AkGirl1991 tells us more.

This is the poster, and actually I had bought him a promise ring on valentines day. He used the box I gave him....I just thought. I might have been getting one in return. And no, I am not materialistic or ungrateful, and I know he can afford it. Just got my hopes up. If he had JUST given me the ring, it would have been great.

Top comments

I wonder where the actual ring went?, maybe it's a set up for a real surprise :P

Well he had to have gotten the box for buying something from Kay, so maybe the ring will come out later and he just wanted to see your reaction and if you were excited or not :)

Comments

Maybe its just the beginning for a REAL surprise to come later? Its always the thoughtful guys that plan something to happen that way. He wants you to think "that's it..?" so you can be extra surprised later when he pulls out the real thing.

TheElderTROLLZ 15

"When he pulls out the real thing." Very clever.

I knew someone was going to say something about that.

hsbballer 1

Theres no guess on how much he spent now:)

Happy 21st BDAY! May all your wildest dreams come true!

OMG!!! you actually responded Akgirl!!! I u feel so sorry for u

OMG tacozzbaby!!! You can't form a proper sentence or spell the word 'you'!!! You must be a ******* idiot!!! I feel so sorry for you.

gators1995 30

The word taco in her username is even spelled wrong!!!

Am I the only one that went "neat" as a response to a dollar folded into a ring.

omnomnicon 9

No I thought this too! I want to see it

it's a decoy. he's getting you down by getting your hopes up so now when he gives you the real ring you will be thrilled beyond belief! not a bad strategy...

RamenForTheWin 10

I'd still be excited, I mean, that sounds pretty cool still. You're only 21 anyway...

Your 21, you should be old enough now that birthdays don't have to be about presents. What he did actually seems pretty nifty.

bizarre_ftw 21

^seconded And your pic is awesome! Did you draw that?

brianalexandria 2

That sounds like something my bf would do.

SkateboardGirl88 11

Hey atleast he but his time and effort into it! Those things are hard to make!