By vegas518 - 01/05/2013 23:13 - United States - Fayetteville

Today, I was lectured by my mother for staying out until 2 am because I went to a gig last night. I was told I was irresponsible and made to feel ashamed. Not only do I live on my own and pay my bills, but I'm almost 30. This is a regular occurrence. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 278
You deserved it 4 462

vegas518 tells us more.

vegas518 7

First of all, I'm a woman... Not a man. So I'm most definitely not a mama's boy. My mom lives near by and she's older. I am the youngest as well. It's easier to say "stand up to her" or "grow some balls" - I've tried that and trust me... It's not worth the fight that happens afterward. Thanks for listening though.

Top comments

KareBear7364 5

sigh, parenting... it never ends.

Tell your Mother off. Parents, like children, need boundaries. You are an adult for the love of God!

Comments

frizz101 22

that sucks, my husbands mom is like that. lucky enough we live 2 states away. really you only have a few options, you can move or try to talk to her about it, which doesn't seem like much of an option.

why does she know every time you're out if u live on your own?

Pfft it's called hanging up or a door to the face.

I'm not going to sit here and tell you you should do this or you shuld do that, but I will say I can relate. I have a grandmother that actually chewed me out on Thanksgiving, in front of every one because I payed my mom and sister a compliment and I didn't give her one. Even though its hard and can cause a lot of hurt feelings you should stand up for self. If not, they will continue to do it to everyone around them. Even there grandchildren. good luck OP :)

No offense to your grandmother, but she needs to get off her high horse.

Are you somehow related to my mother in law cuz she sure acts that way?! Lol

sounds like my mom!! I was getting "grounded" until I moved out... sorry op!

alphabitch 2

If you're 30 years old, and your mother still has enough power over you to make you feel ashamed for living your life, then YDI. Grow a spine!

dannnngthatsux 19

Your own fault. At your age, you just say no and walk away. If they want to do that, you don't have time for them.