By cameron0779 - 19/02/2016 03:56 - United States

Today, I was helping my grandmother move a TV into her room upstairs. While carrying the TV, I slipped on a stair, fell over and broke the banister. I broke my leg and smashed the TV as well. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 937
You deserved it 1 897

cameron0779 tells us more.

Hey everyone, OP here. Thanks for all the support, doc says I'll be able to walk again in a few weeks. I was wearing socks, and my grandma's house has wooden stairs. My grandmother and I are very close, and she completely understood; she wasn't upset. And now, as for the TV. I'd say it WAS about 40 inches and rather new, so it wasn't too heavy. But I'll by buying another one. I'll also be fixing the banister. It was just a fluke accident, no hard feelings. And yes, my grandmother cared about my leg. Bye guys!

Top comments

tounces7 27

I hear the word "Grandmother" and I'm thinking this TV probably weighed like 200 lbs at least.

Well, at least you didn't take your grandmother down with you. Then you'd both be laid out, and with no TV to watch.

Comments

Well, at least you didn't take your grandmother down with you. Then you'd both be laid out, and with no TV to watch.

Shadowvoid 33

You're right, at least OP didn't break his grandmother.

tounces7 27

I hear the word "Grandmother" and I'm thinking this TV probably weighed like 200 lbs at least.

They don't make 'em like they used to...

rissarouge 10

Not exactly what your mom meant (as she sent you off to help grandma) when she said "break a leg".

"Break a leg" is what you say to someone performing on stage. It's because of an old superstition that wishing good luck to an actor is bad luck and vice versa. There would be no need for OP's mom to tell them to break a leg.

A07 48

Now your grandmother can spend more time making you get well soon treats and less time watching tv

ColonelCusswords 24

The only broken thing that matters is your grandmothers wallet

That's some truly rotten luck. I hope she's not mad that you broke the tv and banister.

Ah yes, because arm and leg muscles will totally help you when the friction between your foot and the surface its on fails and your foot goes flying out from under you.