By SDworkinggirl - 05/07/2009 19:04 - United States

Today, I was fired from my volunteer job. Why? Because they said I was working so hard and doing such a good job that I was making the real staff look bad. FML
I agree, your life sucks 67 327
You deserved it 4 228

SDworkinggirl tells us more.

SDworkinggirl 0

Okay so let me clarify some things that people are either stupid or confused about. I voluteered in an organization that has retirement homes all over the country, and helps seniors with limited means. I started volunteering, because it looks good on a resume and I was having a hard time getting a job. So I started volunteering at this retirement home, but I quickly grew to love it, and soon I was working hard because I truely enjoyed visiting with the seniors and delivering mail to them, among the other things I did there. Unknown to me, some of the residents started to complain about how I was nicer and more caring than most of the nurses. They didn't hire me because, I am not a nurse, and I don't have a college degree yet, so there was no position open for me. And the guy who "fired" me let me know why I was being let go, kinda in secret otherwise I doubt I would have been told why they let me go.

Top comments

Ya that'll send a great message to the staff. fire people for good work.

You should apply your skills to actually making money.

Comments

irrelevantxx 0

you got that of of that 70s show ass hoe

i feel ya dog. same thing happened to me but I didn't get fired I just was told to stop doing my job so well

This is the reason I'd rather avoid a workplace. You get fired if you don't do a good enough job, and then when you exceed expectations you get fired for making everyone look bad. It's the same thing in school, except you're shunned instead of fired. They should have hired you...isn't that what smart workplaces do anyways? "Hey this kid is great, we should have him/her work here! He'/she'd be a valuable part of the team." People are so stupid...

theoldGP 0

fake. you copied this over that 70's show. dumbass.

i agree it is awesome. im thinkin OP was watching it while browsing FMLs and came up with this one

What idiots. You were working hard and for free. They could of easily taken advantage of that... But it's good for you now so you can get a job that pays and benefit from it.

skullbuster 0

Frankly, this sounds like they just wanted to get rid of you. "You're really so gosh darned good, you make everyone look bad...well, see ya!". You got the brush off!

deliapearl 0

Oi... what's with everyone crying "fake" whenever any FML bears any resemblance to a movie or TV show? I don't really care if it's fake or not. OP - their loss. Better luck with your next volunteer job.

No #24, I'm crying fake because I saw this exact same FML already. Am I the only one that noticed this?!