By abc - 27/05/2009 10:15 - Pakistan

Today, I took my friends out to an expensive restaurant for my birthday treat. They had arranged for a surprise birthday cake for me which I cut, very happily, while they chanted birthday wishes. When the bill came, I discovered I was supposed to pay for my great 'surprise' cake. FML
I agree, your life sucks 55 413
You deserved it 5 360

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's pretty crappy on the part of your friends... sure they're real friends?

well see... you didnt get it :] THAT was the real surprise! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Comments

YOU took THEM to an expensive restaurant for YOUR birthday? Forget the rest, that right there is your problem.

cheese1756 0

Your friends are jerks, they should have at least chipped in

fyl_atm_rofl 0

They should be paying for your dinner. That's how my friends and I do it.

How could your friends arrange a cake before-hand if you were the one that picked the restaurant? If they ordered a cake for you while you were there, then they should at least offer to pay for it. Doesn't matter who's taking who out; its still your birthday.

This happened to me. But the thing is, on all my other friends' birthday, I was the one that bought their cakes, planned their surprise parties, had them at my house or payed for their bill at a place we went out to, bought them drinks and the such. BUT! Nobody wanted to pay for MY food, and two of my friends expected me to buy them food on my birthday party at Boston Pizza. FML.

trojan124 0

You took your friends out to an expensive restaurant for YOUR birthday treat? I'm assuming that means you paid for the food, not expecting the cake. If that's the case, FYL. But if you took them out to an expensive restaurant planning to pay only for yourself (or hoping someone would "treat" you), that's douchey and YDI.

ezbz11 0

if you guys had read through the post carefully, you would have realized that the person said they took their friends to the restaurant as a birthday treat. that's definitely NOT being selfish, it means the person was gracious enough to treat his or her friends to a dinner for their own birthday.

coffeennicotine 0

What kind of person pays for their friends to eat birthday dinners with them? Seriously, I wouldn't. It's YOUR birthday THEY should pay for YOU.

you paid for YOUR birthday? and your friends tabs!? FYL! they should pay it for YOU! its YOUR birthday! YDI

Kitty34_fml 0

I don't understand. Why would YOU take your friends out to an expensive restaurant on YOUR birthday? Shouldn't THEY take YOU out? YDI for making this odd decision in the first place.