By RosaAnela - 15/11/2016 02:15 - United States - La Vergne

Today, I thought it would be a good idea to add my crush on Snapchat. He thought it would be a good idea to block me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 554
You deserved it 1 733

Rose Wolfe tells us more.

Hey OP here. I wasn't expecting this to get posted! So just some background my crush and I were friends before this incident and we've had decent conversations. I have not been obvious about having a crush on him as I like to be friends with people and get to know them first off. That's why I decided to add him not to stalk him but because I considered him my friend... I honestly don't have any explanation for why he would block me but luckily nothing in our face to face relationship has changed. I also don't want to ask him about it because that was his decision and it's not really my place to question it.

Top comments

Better to find out his feelings now than be hung up on someone who doesn't feel the same

Comments

Ouch, but he doesn't owe you his attraction anymore than you would owe someone yours. Best to try to move on.

Well, f*ck him. You'll surely find someone who is not self absorbed and truly cares. Although you might wanna lay off the social media at first. It's better to get to know a person in their true ways instead of the projected image online

Aww, i feel for you, but you could look on the bright side. Maybe he likes you so much that he is worried you won't like what he puts on his story.

Did you ask him before you tried to friend him on snap chat? Because if not than that's probably why. I know myself personally I get a lot of robot snap chat girl profiles that try to add me and I just block them instantly so maybe you should ask him in person

Hey OP here. I wasn't expecting this to get posted! So just some background my crush and I were friends before this incident and we've had decent conversations. I have not been obvious about having a crush on him as I like to be friends with people and get to know them first off. That's why I decided to add him not to stalk him but because I considered him my friend... I honestly don't have any explanation for why he would block me but luckily nothing in our face to face relationship has changed. I also don't want to ask him about it because that was his decision and it's not really my place to question it.

Does he only add some people? Maybe it's a personal preference of only adding super close friends? I mean if he's acting normal face to face, it's annoying considering he knows what he did and he knows you know. Sounds like a jerk. Sometimes I can't add certain people on social media because they are friends with others who I really don't get along with. But if I can't add the person, I let them know that it's not because of them but for my own personal reasons that are unrelated to them specifically. But blocking and acting completely normal is immature. I don't know if I would consider this person a friend. Maybe you consider him a friend but he doesn't consider you one. That may be the harsh truth but it's no one's fault. I would really suggest moving on.

I know it wouldn't be because of people he doesn't get along with being my friends simply for the fact that almost all the people I have are close friends with him. I was very confused about what happened considering that we're friends and all and I still do consider him an acquaintance but I think that's as far as I want to take our relationship.

cootiequeen4444 11

did he know you were adding him? And if not, is your snap chat name obvious? Maybe he thought you were some random person and that's why he blocked you? I don't really understand how anyone could shut someone down without explanation and then talk to them face to face like you wut up. unless, since you have friends close to him, someone blabbering about your crush to him. if you told anybody. then there would leave a feasible reason to not want to explain to a person why they are blocking them on social media while still be okay with them on a limited interaction basis. which is in public and thus more casual. but idk. I never have used snap chat so I don't know if it's only 1 on 1 or what. and I tend to overthink things so take everything I said with a grain of salt. like the big chunky salt lol.

If he blocked you imediately it could mean he blocked you by mistake, maybe he didn't even notice the request or something, I don't use Snapchat so I don't know what the interface is like. Still, I don't think asking him would hurt.

Lol I was thinking that at first but the only reason I decided that it wasn't an accident is because when you block someone snapchat usually gives you a list of reasons to choose from as to why you want to block that person.... I don't think he could've accidently went through that whole process...but hey it could be a possibility

Maaaannn whatever!!! Ask him why since he can be cool to your face but not on snapchat

dragoongirl90 34

Not your place to question it... It involved you. Now if he blocked someone else, yeah, that wouldn't be your business. But this us something he did to you. It's your business.

I know it feels like an FML and right now it is an FML but in a little while you'll be glad it happened because now you know for sure how he feels and can move on.

Did he block you on any there social media accounts

You don't want to be with a jerk like that anyway.

Did you talk to him before he blocked you?

I'm sorry but if that's the suckiest thing in your life right now you have no problems

the story that makes the best fml isn't always the worst thing in ones life

TMO2142 25