By brunurb - 29/05/2012 11:40 - United States - Norwood

Today, I had to get the manager of a grocery store to explain to his employee how coupons work. The employee had refused to accept the coupons I was using, for fear that, "they will be deducted from my paycheck." FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 181
You deserved it 2 175

brunurb tells us more.

I hope he wasn't too overwhelmed... I was checking out 5 items, and had a single coupon for 50 cents off one of the items. He just looked very confused when I handed him the coupon! :)

Top comments

Someone needs to watch extreme couponing.

2ndSucks 15

The next generation looks promising.

Comments

mhopper 13

The kid was probably overwhelmed. I've seen this many times as I hand over my wad of coupons to a young cashier. The sweat that beads on their little foreheads as they try to read each and every coupon is quite funny. I just smile at them and patiently wait.

I hope he wasn't too overwhelmed... I was checking out 5 items, and had a single coupon for 50 cents off one of the items. He just looked very confused when I handed him the coupon! :)

FarscapeSDC 9

I despair for the future of the world when I read things like this. I'm not saying that all idiots should be shot, but if we shot a few, it might encourage the others to try harder.

Customer: "Oh, and heres a coupon for some tampons, The Vow DVD, a bottle of Midol.. Employee: Uhh.. I can't go for that. Customer: What? Employee: No can do.. *Noooo* I can't go for that, can't go for that, can't go for.. Nooo! Customer: Jesus, as much as I love Hall and Oats, will you PLEASE ring up these items and add the coupons? Employee: It will be deducted from my paycheck though.. do you know how embarrassing that would be? Customer: Where's your manager? Employee: You can try deducting it from his paycheck, but I don't think it's going to work...

Oh god, that isn't even close to how it was oriented before I posted it. I'll just sit in a corner now.

hockeyoceancity 13

Did you thumb down yourself lol? It was still funny i think espically the ending, "you can try deducting from his pay check..." lmao.

Nah, I didn't thumb myself down. someone else did >-< I tried to make it funny guys! I tried!

Oh darn, every part of this was thumbed down. I can feel my self confidence deteriorating.

Yeah, that 1/100th of a cent could send that clerk to the poor house.

hockeyoceancity 13

I know... coupons will never exist in the future now ugh... :( What am i going to do with my free mcdouble cheeseburger buy one get one free coupon... FML.

If only coupons could be applied at my local strip club.

unknown_user5566 26

Buy one, get one half off. I'd hate to see what the "half off" one would look like.

drller331 4

If I had been behind you I would have pushed my buddy up beside them and told them that thanks to saving you the $.35 they lost my $100 I will not wait behind a couponer!!!!

unknown_user5566 26

Patience is a virtue you obviously don't possess.

love how people assume I'm automatically an extreme couponer... it was a single coupon actually- should have taken approximately 2 extra seconds.

wow, that's probably why he's still working in a grocery store~! at least it wasn't the manager =p

PYLrulz 17

I think the employee will be worrying about more than deducted paychecks.