By IHeartBlueJay - 08/02/2013 05:31 - United States

Today, I had my gallbladder removed. I have a very painful incision in my belly that makes any kind of movement excruciating. I've had the hiccups 5 times so far. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 531
You deserved it 2 400

IHeartBlueJay tells us more.

IHeartBlueJay 14

Yeah they did it laparoscopically. And any kind of major surgery is going to be painful, but having it done laparoscopically is much, much better than an open incision! Try not to worry, it's a very safe surgery and they'll take good care of you :)

Top comments

Feel your pain! Had my spleen removed some years back.. Not very fun being ticklish and have 3 older brothers...

Comments

Megan98 18

I had the same problem, and it sucked...Then it turned out I didn't need it done at all, hope you feel better Op!

Ice cold water or if you are still in the hospital thorazine works great! Feel better, OP! FYI, if you eat fatty foods for the next fee weeks- be close to a bathroom! You will see why soon enough..

Quit whining. It is expected with the surgery to experience discomfort. Man up!

Something tells me you've never had major surgery. Having had two major abdominal surgeries (one of which was the removal of my right kidney) I can tell you that it is FAR from a walk in the park. Have a little compassion.

Are you serious #27? Try surviving on a strict liquid diet for 2 months. When you have to drink liquid iron because a liquid diet doesn't give you the nutrients you need, I'll be there to remind you to "man up." Granted OP's surgery doesn't require a liquid diet, but my point is that if you've never experienced the pain from a major surgery you need to shut your mouth.

They always say "discomfort" when what they really mean is "searing pain". Abdominal surgeries blow-your core muscles are called that for a reason. Most movements hurt after major abdominal surgery.

I've had mine removed a few months ago. It may seem like it might not hurt, but it does. Depending on how young you are, it might last a while too. It sucks.

Feel better you don't deserve a FML or the other. Get better soon.

babyshaft408 8

My gf just had this done 2 wks ago

Stand on your head while drinking vinegar and watching a scary movie. It helps.

KiddNYC1O 20

I know the feeling. I had my gallbladder removed too, and I still had to carry my 6 month old son around. It was hell...

Taking out organs is no fun :( Good luck on the recovery.

Gently but firmly pressing a pillow over the incision area can help reduce the jiggling and pain a bit when you hiccup/cough/sneeze/laugh/move/whatever. Feel better soon, OP!

tralala453 22

Try holding your breath while gulping some water, that works for me. Feel better soon.