By w0rstdayever - 27/11/2009 20:01 - United States

Today, I got in a hotel elevator. There was a kid in there also. He got off on the 3rd floor. As he was stepping from the elevator, he decided to press every single button. It's a 35 floor hotel. My room is on the 32nd floor. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 208
You deserved it 4 330

w0rstdayever tells us more.

w0rstdayever 5

OK, maybe it wasn't terrible. Except for the fact that this is what the site is for. It still sucks even if my life isn't ****** to shit.

Top comments

And this is another reason why kids need to be beaten.

Comments

exactly. 35 floor hotel probably has more than one elevator.

My first reaction, just use another one.

I agree. This isn't a FYL. Your life isn't ****** when the solution is as easily fixed as; 1) Wait for elevator to stop. 2) Step out of elevator. 3) Push button and get another elevator. 4) Ride other elevator up. or 1) Sit there and wait for 32nd floor. 2) Get out 2 minutes later then you would have before. or 1) Wait for elevator to stop. 2) Step out of elevator. 3) Walk up stairs. YDI. Not for what happened, but because you are actually complaining over something so pathetic. A minor inconvenience doesn't make your life ******, grow a pair and get over it.

Exactly what I had in mind.. seriously, if he stayed in it til the 32 floor, he totally deserved it. a 35 floor hotel MUST have at least 2 elevators.. (heck probably more than that but they're usually in pairs) Most hotels I've been in only had 4-5 floors, maybe even less, and they all had a dozen elevators through it all.

Punch that ****** in the mouth and throw him off the 32nd floor.

hornetchik 0

Id say that even though it might be a minor inconvenience to you, you would also be very ****** off. This is what this website is about! Random bad luck and shit that happens in peoples lives, not life changing, horribly bad things!

remy_xi 0

There's a hack you can use on almost every single elevator with more than three floors that would have fixed this. YDI for not knowing it.

not much of a fml, but you should have chased after that kid and beat his ass

w0rstdayever 5

OK, maybe it wasn't terrible. Except for the fact that this is what the site is for. It still sucks even if my life isn't ****** to shit.

The point is that he shouldn't have to switch elevators just to have the same ride up as if there wasn't some inbred twit in it. And seriously, I can guarantee that not one of you douchebags all "don't be lazy take the stairs!" would walk up 32 ******* floors if it wasn't necessary.

It would have been more of an FML if you also said the kid was sleeping with your wife. That seems to be a common theme on this website.

waterynuggets 0

Lol #53 the point of this site is to submit stories about your life being ******. Your life was not ****** here because you could have easily gotten off or hit cancel apparently. Incidentally, your life is ****** because you are a moron. BTW LOL # 59

I was in an elevator once when some punk kid did that. My friend who is a boxer chased after him. It was funny as hell. You should've chased him.

riku3220 2

Alternate solution. 1) Grab kid 2) Wait until you're on your floor 3) Press every button down to the kid's floor 4) Leave kid

acai_blueberry 0

dude it would be way more than two min, and maybe he was carrying something heavy and moving would make it hard. i say you pull teh kid back in the elevator and keep him there till you get off

usually I would flame this but he's right. the FYL is you FMLing this when the solution was simple. How does the mod work?

That is the best suggestion :) Eye for an Eye, eh?

The stairs,he is thirty two stories up.

live_love_laugh3 0
Sammeh_Higgins 0

I worked in a hotel. To skip the floors and go to the one you need to go to. Hold down the floor number and the close door buttons at the same time until you get to the desired floor.

You can hit the buttons again on most elevators to deactivate them

greenltrn2003 0

nahh you grab the lil sumbitch by the collar and make him ride every single floor with you...then push all the buttons when he has to go back down

And this is another reason why kids need to be beaten.

sheagstaz 0

not really. I do this all the time. it's so fun

Akers_L7 8

By beating I do hope you mean corporal punishment, i.e. Spanking, and not child abuse?

jchansfan 0

OMG ITS LIKE ELF WHEN THEY'RE IN THE EMPIRE STATE BUILDING! :D As for you OP, well you could have gotten out and use the stairs if you didn't have your bag with you... even then if its light enough... Hey, did anyone get in while you were going up? XD On the plus side it makes a funny story... =)

"It looks like a Christmas tree!" I bet when the kid got off he wanted to give OP a hug, but just forgot. 

i_luv_cheese 0

they have these things...called stairs. dont be lazy

acai_blueberry 0

climbing up possibly 35 floors ******* sucks, and its even worse with shit to carry. I have to walk of hella hills from school with a ******* huge backpack, and if someone told me to suck it up and not be lazy i would probably kick his ass

Taking an elevator to the 32nd floor is not lazy... though the exercise would do most of us good for those that wouldn't die. They need to make it so you can press the buttons a second time or something to deactivate them...

Policemen tap each one again for three seconds

oh my goodness I forgot how hard it is to walk from one elevator to the next so you don't have to sit there for 29 floors.

I really doubt that a hotel that has 35 floor only has one set of elevators to go up to ALL the floors. My hotel has 21 floors, and has 3 elevators that go up to the 8th floor, and then 6 elevators that skip the first 8 and go from 9 up t 21

You know? I love how people give 'advice' to OP as if they are still in said elevator. XD

bastard. they should put a cancel button for this kinda stuff.

Universal cancel: press three buttons at the same time, including one that is lit, and every button turns off. Try it!