By karmaplz - 23/02/2011 14:26 - United States

Today, I got a call from the police dept. My ex-boyfriend is applying for a job there, and they called me to ask if he was "a good candidate for a police officer." I had to start my day off by saying great, nice things about the guy who broke my heart and completely disrespected me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 529
You deserved it 20 674

karmaplz tells us more.

I feel the need to clear up some of this discussion! First of all--thanks to all these anon. people for defending me. I honestly submitted this immediately after getting the phone call @ 8:30 am, never thinking it'd be posted. Secondly-- is he a bad guy? No. I'm sure if being a cop is what he wants to do, and has his heart in it, he'll do great at his job. As far as the disrespect: it got to a point where I wasn't valued as a person, and some very vulgar, vile, rude and hurtful things were said/done to me, that wouldn't have been done if I was respected for who I am. If I was seen as a human with a heart and feelings, these things wouldn't have been done. Can I say that this will never happen to another female? No. Do I think he's pure evil? No. Saying bad things would have been purely vengeful and ruined a potential career. Also, I wasn't listed a reference, they required names and phone numbers of "significant relationships"--- I was asked if there was ever an assault between us, and about his moral character. That's it. I've had a seriously great laugh over realizing this was actually posted, and loved reading all the comments. Thanks!

Top comments

Why didn't you just tell them bad things?

As someone who knows a fair amount about the hiring process, you should have told them he was disrespectful. It is NOT grounds for disqualification, but it would give them a realistic idea about who he was. They would talk to him about it, but that doesn't mean they would DQ him. You should have been honest.

Comments

nibh 0

u r being the better person, don't ruin it complaints

Ydi for saying good things about him!! But that shows that you still love him!!!

that's big of you I wish more people were as respectful as you seem to be... chin up ;)

lordcaliburx 0

when its said that its best served cold it means after a long time. like after the person forgot and years later when said person does not expect it.

YummyxBrownie 0

i agree with number 1 i would have just told them a bunch of messed up shit

Seriously, WTF! Tell them how much of a jackass he is. They don't wanna hire someone who isn't respectable!

Why wouldn't you tell them that as his ex you were unable to give an unbiased reference?

As hard as it might have been I think many people who read this, myself included will think you did the right thing, good for you!