By JordanAfml - 03/09/2015 21:14 - United States - Lake Havasu City

Today, I found my cat who's been missing for three days, sitting inside my neighbor's window. He won't answer the door. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 740
You deserved it 1 838

JordanAfml tells us more.

OP here. My cat is an indoor cat, we rescued her when she was 2 months old and she never left the house in the last 3 years. My dog popped a corner of the screen out of one of my windows and that's how my cat got outside. We went to all of our nearby neighbors asking them to keep an eye out for her, and the particular person who has my cat hates my husband. We thought it was strange he was being so nice and friendly towards us the first day, and now we know why.

Top comments

Of course the cat won't answer the door. He doesn't have opposable thumbs. Sorry to hear that, OP. Can you get the police involved?

Comments

Of course the cat won't answer the door. He doesn't have opposable thumbs. Sorry to hear that, OP. Can you get the police involved?

YourOpinionSucks 22

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

How did the cat react after seeing you?

@28 Hmm, I've lost two cats this way. The first because she became friends with a neighbor's old dog. When they moved they took my cat to keep him company. The second was because the parents didn't want to tell their kid no and I'm a sucker for cute kids. To make it worse if the parents had asked I knew someone looking for homes for baby cats.

proving you're the owner is easy with adoption papers, pictures taken with the cat, a microchip, vet papers.

PANDORUM89 21

first wtf is wrong with people? you can't just take someone's pet. that's stealing. second all OP has to do is show the police photos of the cat, or any vet records, adoption papers and they get the cat back. I'd also.press charges for stealing just because I'm mean and people should use some damn common sense.

TheMusicLover 16

Our neighbour stole our cat years ago and we did ring the Gardaí who came down and said they'd "talk to her". She still has our cat...

What a Catastrophe! I'll show myself out...

Maybe he just likes your neighbor better. don't go coughing up hairballs over a cat who didn't like you

olpally 32

Call the cops or non emergency police number maybe? That's considered stealing I believe. Your neighbor is a douche waffle.

Catnapped, call the authorities, right meow!

lat187 18

Your neighbor must be a cat burglar.

qdawg06 23

The real question is whether or not the cat would come back home if he was free to go.

He is most likely tied to a chair, as he is clearly being held hostage by your rogue cat.