By OhCrap - 02/03/2018 09:56

Today, I finally met my long-term partner's mother, which I'd been nervous about for some time. Whilst using her bathroom I managed to knock over a large, ornate mirror and it chopped her toilet in half. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 075
You deserved it 1 421

CaptainShalliwaffle tells us more.

CaptainShalliwaffle 3

Op here: Nope, it didn't smash the toilet, it literally cut it right down the middle and got stuck there. It was just this huge, metal edged mirror balanced against the wall by the toilet and I nudged it over. Did pay for the repair but it took weeks as the plumber messed up the job. She had to use her neighbour's bathroom for over a fortnight.

Top comments

If breaking a mirror gives you seven years of bad luck, what does breaking a toilet with a mirror give you? Seven years of constipation?

At least it didn't break the mirror, the toilet is probably less expensive and won't curse you

Comments

Gramzi 0

Just don't make light of the situation unless they do, always a rookie move to assume it's no big deal.

Mirror, mirror, on the wall- who's the clumsiest one of all? [CRASH!] ..well, there's your answer OP.

jcash52426 5

Time to lock the door and climb out the window!!!!!

icey452 0

I thought this only happened in movies.

I really need to see a picture of this.

Kaalschneid 21

part of me wants to know how, another part of me wants to know how well you've thought through investing in the technology to make a person invisible. Good luck, OP. I can only imagine the stress.

CaptainShalliwaffle 3

Op here: Nope, it didn't smash the toilet, it literally cut it right down the middle and got stuck there. It was just this huge, metal edged mirror balanced against the wall by the toilet and I nudged it over. Did pay for the repair but it took weeks as the plumber messed up the job. She had to use her neighbour's bathroom for over a fortnight.

Your boyfriend's mother is a moron, Large, heavy, unsecured mirrors can seriously hurt people. All that weight on one edge sliced through porcelain- what if that had been a kid's head? Family pet? You shouldn't feel bad, honestly I wouldn't have paid a dime. That's like apologizing to someone for tripping over the small lengths of taut wire they like to string across their doorways at ankle level "for decoration"

That must be one crappy plumber. Replacing toilets is heavy work, but it's simple.

I'm sorry I LOLed at that one OP. But one thing bugs me: had you flushed or not?

OK a follow up isn't enough. I need pics!

EnvyMe33 26

That’s one hell of a shitty situation...