By meganmagee - 16/09/2013 18:47 - United States - Barnesville

Today, I bought a live lobster to have for dinner. When my four year old daughter discovered it in the cooler, she thanked me incessantly for finally getting her a pet. She now won't let "Mr. Shelly" out of her sight. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 488
You deserved it 9 336

meganmagee tells us more.

meganmagee 11

After maxing out our credit card on a salt water tank, Mr. Shelly has a permanent home here with Megan, Tony, and Ansleigh Magee.

Top comments

That is adorable. It sucks...but it's adorable

"What's for dinner mommy?" *holds up knife and smiles* "Mr. Shelly."

Comments

Awe that's cute...slaughter Mr.Shelly in her sleep. Jk ;)

So delighted to hear Mr. Shelly has a proper home now, I hope you all get to enjoy this unusual pet for a long time. You are a great mother! When I was little I brought home a pheasant's egg, and my dad actually made a small aquarium/lamp contraption to hatch it for me. Surprisingly it worked, and we had the cutest pet in our little town-house for about a year. Then unfortunately a cat took it, but I still remember the wonder of watching it hatch and grow up.

Steal it from her it doesn't matter how she feels lobster is frickin' DELICIOUS!

vetisthewicked 9

here's what makes it worse: lobsters can't die of old age lobsters never stop growing you can theoretically keep a lobster alive for a hundred years but it will keep getting bigger and requiring more food.

That will make for the most awesome family heirloom ever. "You have a pet lobster" "yep it's my great grandmas, awesome eh!"

Mr.shelly, cute name! It would of been funny if she named him Larry the lobster

Look her straight in the eyes as you dip the lobster in boiling water.

Time to teach your daughter a harsh lesson about growing up. Buy her a kitten afterward though.

I'm pretty sure you have authority over her. Take it back, that's life