By indigohero - 21/01/2016 04:19 - United Kingdom - Leicester

Today, at my work at a charity shop, I reached into a new bag of donations only to pull out... used underwear. Thanks for your generosity. FML
I agree, your life sucks 19 896
You deserved it 1 405

indigohero tells us more.

@22 Yeah that's exactly what I do now since this happened and @21 exactly. I swear some of the stuff people "donate" is ridiculous. It's clearly just stuff they couldn't be bothered to dispose of properly. One time, someone "donated" a small bag with a bundle of string and a rock in it (??) and another time someone had "donated" their old retainer..... just, why? And @16 it's true we get money for bags of rags and damaged clothing that we can't sell, but we don't actively ask for items like this - we ask for "good quality items", and while it's not so bad just throwing torn or worn clothes in a bag, it's kinda disgusting to have to sort through used underwear, stained baby clothes and dirty old socks, to name a few things. People donating clearly don't think through that an actual person has to sort through this stuff when they hand it over. Thankfully most of the stuff we get is fine though, there's just the odd few where you have to wonder what they were thinking. And generally I love working there, it's just nice to complain sometimes haha :)

Top comments

I understand that underwears are needs of others but at least wash the goddamn thing and package it.

That's pretty gross OP. Be sure to wash your hands after that one.

Comments

That's pretty gross OP. Be sure to wash your hands after that one.

Okay, that is beyond YUCK! Why do people think disgusting is the new "okay"?

One woman's trash is another man's treasure. Hope you are okay OP!

Can't tell if family guy reference to Cleveland or just a generic phrase.

I was quoting Cleveland lol, thanks for noticing.

I understand that underwears are needs of others but at least wash the goddamn thing and package it.

I was wondering the other day whether I could give my old underpants away to charity or not. :/

They normally don't want underwear even if washed. At least not where I am anyways.

pandainspandex 19

DO NOT donate underwear. Just don't. Throw it away, ya nasties.

Sell them on eBay. Just don't ever ever ever think about who is buying them or why. Also a great place to get rid of used socks.

Is it women's underwear? Sell it online!

There's actually a big market for used women's panties online. They can go for as much as $100 if they're a sexier style and pictures are included. It's gross and creepy that anyone would buy them. But hey, if you're in a tight spot why not ship 'em out to some lonely pervert so he can sniff where your crotch used to be.

Maybe they got their laundry and donation piles of clothes mixed? Sorry you had deal with that OP.