This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By pimmster - 26/07/2016 14:48 - United Kingdom - Smethwick

Today, after spending the week with my parents, my daughter came home so ill I had to take her to hospital. Apparently, when I confronted my parents about this, they said she'd been like this all week, but didn't do anything because 'God would fix her'. Turns out she has pneumonia. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 246
You deserved it 98

Top comments

And this is when you never let your neglectful parents near your child again, because they could have killed her.

Unlucky1232 20

what the actual ****? are your parents trying to get here killed? I don't give a damn how much you believen God i don't think he'd create a species capable of making medicine for no reason, i mean really what the hell is wrong with them?

Comments

And this is when you never let your neglectful parents near your child again, because they could have killed her.

Oh my gosh, I hope she's okay. Sorry OP

Unlucky1232 20

what the actual ****? are your parents trying to get here killed? I don't give a damn how much you believen God i don't think he'd create a species capable of making medicine for no reason, i mean really what the hell is wrong with them?

There are people who really believe in religion so strongly that they behave this way. My ex-step-brother is completely throwing his life away through drugs and stealing and many other illegal actions, but since he only lives with his mom occasionally she doesn't have enough influence to help him. His dad let's him do whatever he wants saying "the devil is trying to attack him, but it's all part of gods greater plan." It is extremely sad to watch.

Unlucky1232 20

his dad's a retard. look I'm not religious hell I'm far from religious but even i know humans can stray from God's "plan" these arguments are stupid and irrelevant

There's actually a whole religion based around shunning modern medicine in favour of "faith healing," they believe sickness is an illusion that can be solved with only prayer. They literally don't seek medical attention or treatment for anything, even things like cancer, because "god will heal them," they just have to pray and believe hard enough. And I think if they don't get healed, they believe either it's "God's will/plan," or they "didn't have enough faith/pray hard enough," or whatever. Really messed up and backwards, look up Christian Scientists, that's what they're called.

That's really interesting. Thanks for sharing.

There was a documentary on a radical church in the UK encouraging this type of thing - telling girls they shouldn't take their anti-retroviral med's because God would cure their HIV. And that when they saw their friends dying it was because their faith wasn't strong enough. Frankly I consider that to be manslaughter (I think that's second-degree murder in the US). It may not be your intention that they will die but it's an easily foreseeable consequence of your actions.

Willman757 15

We're you unable to speak with them throughout the week? Why would you go all week without checking in on your child?

Oh right yeah because it's OP's fault that the parents are neglectful religious idiots.

Chances are, OP thought they could trust their parents to NOT be idiots blinded by a faith they evidentially picked up as part of their late-life crises. Because their parent raised them, and apparently didn't have this illogical idea when they did so.

Unlucky1232 20

it's called trusting your parents. you know, the people that raised YOU.

God gave us doctors, so please use his gift

Okay the real question here is how did you make it to adulthood

:( wow. The bible even says go to a doctor if your sick. That sucks op.

omg!!! That's serious. She'll feel better soon. I guess this is similar to my mom- she always wants me to pray my depression away. Yes, I do believe in prayer but for some reason I feel like my depression is exempt. :/