By NateTheGreat132 - 20/10/2014 11:59 - United States - Whitehall

Today, after months of job hunting, I started a new job in a deli. I've been a vegetarian since I was 13, but it was the only job I could find. Turns out, I'm allergic to the preservatives they use, as my fingers now resemble sausages. Guess it's time to start job hunting again. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 827
You deserved it 4 396

NateTheGreat132 tells us more.

I was wearing gloves. When you open up a new carving block, there's TONS of meaty juice inside of there that you have to drain out. Some of it got inside my gloves.

Comments

Omg I know exactly what you mean OP! I use to work in a deli too and gloves aren't 100% great coverage. One wrong pull of the packaging and you are soaked in that nastiness!!!

You clearly deserve it for being a vegetarian.

Who cares if she's a vegetarian. (Not being rude) but then we just get more meat.

Wear gloves? You should be wearing them anyway, as you're in food service. I hope I never go to the sandwich shop you work at...

She WAS wearing gloves! Do people even read the follow up on this damn site?! Idiots.

Can you not read the 5 times OP has posted?

Wow reading must be an option for some people

Comet_Candy 23

More like out of the question considering people are STILL suggesting the OP wear gloves.

or wear gloves like you're suppose to when working in a deli

The OP has already responded several times to say that they were wearing gloves. However the gloves are not all the way up the OP's arms so it's not impossible for the juices from meats to get into the interior of the glove. Also gloves occasionally rip. It is not possible to completely avoid contact with meat juice in a deli.

By law, you should be wearing gloves when handling food items in a deli. Did they not tell you this or did you just think it was no big deal? There's generally a "test" in order to get a good handlers card. FML & YDI.

Is there reading comprehension on that test? If there is, I'm sure you failed it. OP stated that they wore gloves SO many times.

GOOD LORD!!! Apparently way too few of people actually READ the comments before commenting!! I'm allergic to alstromeria as a florist and I wear gloves but the splash back from cutting the stems still gets on my arm or left over from whatever tool I used and I wear gloves. I have to! But good grief people! The OP themselves said they wore gloves. Nothing is perfect! Not even condoms! Next time read the other comments before saying something yourself. OY!!

I'm guessing these people were the result of the failed condoms...

Why's everyone saying OP wasn't wearing gloves? If he hadn't this would had been an FML about being fired for NOT wearing gloves!