This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By Anonymous - 28/02/2018 15:00

Today, after 3 years unemployed, my husband had a job interview. I got home at about 6 to find him in his interview suit, playing games on his laptop. I asked him how it went. His reply: "Oh shit!" He got distracted by World of Warcraft for 5 hours and forgot to go. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 823
You deserved it 862

Top comments

That's when you go, "Oh shit, I forgot to meet the divorce attorney." Being unemployed is one thing, but being lazy and careless while unemployed for 3 years is another problem. He probably either a) didn't have an interview, b) went and it was horrible, c) really is an idiot and chose not to go because he knows that he can go 3 years without having a job so, I don't know, what's another 3 years going to do? Either way, y'all need to have a serious talk about his lack of caring.

Comments

manb91uk 22

This is probably why your husband can’t keep a job... His attention span is too...

Well, at least you know he is not using you for money. If he was, he would be gaming on a high end PC with multiple huge screens surrounding him. Joke aside, I can understand losing yourself in video games and missing unimportant events that you can postpone but missing something important as an interview... If this will keep repeating he probably has a problem. Next time try calling him quickly a few times before his interview (if you can do that from your job) just so you remind him to move his ass. You should not need to do that thought, he is an adult.

julfunky 29

No one is saying playing video games CAN’t be an addiction. But video games themselves are not. The majority of people play video games without problems.

Lobby_Bee 17

At least he didn't lie to you. He could easily tell you it didn't go so well and he didn't get the job.

I can see why your husband has been unemployed for three years.

Mungolikecandy 19

Sounds like someone "forgot" when in reality they are quite happy to be a kept man with you doing the work.

I say ydi because you've obviously let him get away with not working for the last 3 years. he probably doesn't think he needs to.

And maybe he had a hard time finding a job, although if it's that bad, he could have tried for a retail/restaurant job to be bringing in SOME money.

Yea, I don't even feel sorry for you. Just sorry for any children you may have reproduced with him.