By v1k1rox - 05/03/2014 21:47 - United States - San Francisco

Today, a woman attempted to pickpocket me while trying to educate me about God. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 372
You deserved it 4 304

v1k1rox tells us more.

This is the second time someone tried to rob me well living in NYC you know things like that happen. I didn't notice until after she pushed me that something was fishy. She tried to go into my bag first then into my pocket when she discovered there was nothing in my bag. She failed, I wish she didn't run away so I can get her arrested.

Top comments

fooltemptress 36

She wasn't trying to steal from you. She just wanted you to tithe to the church.

Zack6849 8

Mandatory donations to the church are the best kind!

Comments

bertyogurt 7

She just wanted to take your donation from u

Religion in and of itself is a con. So you should have expected it.

Not really. I expect the religious to annoy me on the street, not rob me.

That was actually a terribly clever means of distraction.

an3ph 20

Did you educate her about turning the other cheek?

Fun fact, the way that quote reads in context basically means "if someone hits you with the hand used to strike an inferior, offer them the other side to strike, which would require them to use the hand used to strike an equal."

That was her interpretation of "God. Helps those who help themselves"

This is no surprise at all; religion has been pickpocketing people since its inception. And there is no better tool with which to con somebody than the invisible man in the sky.

"When I was a kid, I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way. So, I stole one and asked Him to forgive me." Sounds like that lady was trying to apply Emo Phillips' logic.

"It's far easier to ask forgiveness than to ask permission." Taken to the logical extreme?

get the **** over it. it was bound to happen