By v1k1rox - 05/03/2014 21:47 - United States - San Francisco

Today, a woman attempted to pickpocket me while trying to educate me about God. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 372
You deserved it 4 304

v1k1rox tells us more.

This is the second time someone tried to rob me well living in NYC you know things like that happen. I didn't notice until after she pushed me that something was fishy. She tried to go into my bag first then into my pocket when she discovered there was nothing in my bag. She failed, I wish she didn't run away so I can get her arrested.

Top comments

fooltemptress 36

She wasn't trying to steal from you. She just wanted you to tithe to the church.

Zack6849 8

Mandatory donations to the church are the best kind!

Comments

U see that's when u know the world is ******

halcyondaze 11

There's a place for people like her...and it's not the place she's preaching about!

This is the second time someone tried to rob me well living in NYC you know things like that happen. I didn't notice until after she pushed me that something was fishy. She tried to go into my bag first then into my pocket when she discovered there was nothing in my bag. She failed, I wish she didn't run away so I can get her arrested.

conman531 23

she might be doing it to more people. If you remember a description, file a police report

DeoVolente 13

Don't let that woman give you a negative view about those who actually believe what she was saying. Typically if you truly believe that, you don't try to steal in the first place!

I still stand by my earlier remark (that was down voted) - she's a cheeky cow.....trying to steal from you is inexcusable.

60. I don't, that's the reason I started listening to her in the 1st place. I don't abide by any religion but I like to hear what people have to say that's why I talked to her. It's just sad that some people have come to this. Also number 60 sorry accidentally down voted your comment when I meant to up vote.

jazzy_123 20

yeah it's a big city. I was there (New York) last spring break with a few friends and one of them, who had been there before told all the guys to put their wallets in their front pockets lol. Not talking bad about NYC because that can happen anywhere (: better to be safe than sorry though.

Kuro_Kamen 12

Any place that's a tourist destination, it's best to be safe than sorry.

Yeah. I live in New York, and I generally tend to avoid any tourist-y areas. Whenever I walk through them I swing my backpack to the front and look ridiculous or I'll keep turning every few minutes to check that my bag wasn't tampered with. I remember this time a guy standing on the street in Times Square "gave" my friend a CD, but as soon as my friend took it, the guy kept trying to get us to pay $5 for it. Later, my friend discovered his wallet was missing (probably wasn't a smart idea for him to have it in his back pocket, but oh well.)

brittnaaayy318 12

#75 I was born and raised in NYC nothing bad ever happens unless you look like you're vulnerable.

Kristoffer 35

That's an object lesson in the morality of the religious.

That not all people who claim to be religious are religious? Or that all people who are religious are pickpockets?

No, but usually people who are con artists are very vocal about how "Christian" they are. Most actual Christians I know, don't constantly bring it up. At least, they wouldn't introduce themselves as "Hi, I'm Jessie, and I'm a Christian."

DeoVolente 13

Religious and Christian can have two very different meanings. When you describe someone as religious, that can typically mean that what they're doing is for others to see and not because it's something they feel is the better thing to do. If you describe someone as Christian, that can mean that they act differently (in a good way) because of their faith, and their actions aren't just for publicity and their own betterment

62, That really makes no sense. Yes, it's true that some people are all for show while others aren't. But to use the words religious and Christian to show the difference displays a large misunderstanding of the words' meanings. By your logic, religious people, who may not be Christian, are doing it for show; while Christian people are guided by a strong moral compass. You have done nothing beneficial for the argument you are trying to make. There are people in every religion who are all for show and there are some who aren't.

Being Religious means you believe in a religion, and Christianity is a religion. This makes no sense

as if church doesnt steal enough & never give back, start throwing foodstamps & WIC checks in the collection ate cuz theyll want that, and your soul lil

Trying to slip their tract into your wallet...but in this case it looks more like a cover so she can snag your wallet...

winimy 8

you should get your revenge by standing her there and give her a lecture on hypocrisy.