Time's up

By f u doc - 30/09/2020 17:01 - United States

Today, I had two different doctor's appointments with different specialists at the same hospital. Doctor #1 kept me waiting so long doctor #2 refused to see me. I tried to explain I was in the building and why I was late, but he wouldn’t hear it. I’d already waited 4 months for these appointments. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 557
You deserved it 102

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Marcella1016 31

I would have called and explained the situation while in the first doctor’s office. But that really REALLY sucks that you waited so long and the second specialist was basically a jerk 😡 Often times they’ll work with you in a situation like this and try to see what they can do to squeeze you in somewhere. Maybe the first specialist could send a letter proving that you were there and in the building? A literal doctor’s note haha. Worth a try so you don’t have to wait another 4 months to see an asshole.

Where are there doctors named "Hashtag-One" and "Hashtag-Two?" It'd be funny if #1 was a urologist and #2 a proctologist.

Comments

Marcella1016 31

I would have called and explained the situation while in the first doctor’s office. But that really REALLY sucks that you waited so long and the second specialist was basically a jerk 😡 Often times they’ll work with you in a situation like this and try to see what they can do to squeeze you in somewhere. Maybe the first specialist could send a letter proving that you were there and in the building? A literal doctor’s note haha. Worth a try so you don’t have to wait another 4 months to see an asshole.

how's the doctor an asshole? regardless of his reason, valid or not, doc 2 has other patients waiting and it wouldn't be fair to make everyone else wait so op could have their turn. there's a reason wait lists are so long, they're busy as is. next time don't book two on one day. when seeing a specialist expect to get in late and expect things to take longer than you thought. hopefully you're not in urgent need op.

coius 23

Doctors are assholes many times by overbooking their patients to the point everyone is being seen late and kept late. Its an issue with many clinics where in order to charge more, they double and triple book patients to make more money. Doctors that allow places to do this to them should not work with these clinics. Ive been in this before and when you go see a doctor, you shouldnt be late, and neither should the doctor. I’ve found an effective way to deal with this. If they run 15 minutes past appointment time without being seen, i walk out and tell the desk i’ll charge THEM for a missed appointment. Then i refuse to go back unless they pay for my time, or, i just find a different doctor to go to. Its not often thought possible, but i’ve not only fired doctors over this, i’ve managed to successfully charged (and sued) clinics over this. Especially when i was sent for a test by my employer and fired because the clinic took two hours to see me for said test, and it was the clinics fault. Then again, YMMV.

Where are there doctors named "Hashtag-One" and "Hashtag-Two?" It'd be funny if #1 was a urologist and #2 a proctologist.

zeffra13 31

If it got late enough that it was time for your other appointment and you were still waiting on the first doctor to come in, I would've just talked to the desk and told them you'll be back. They should have other patients who've also been kept waiting they could see until you get back.