Thanks, I hate it!

By poorkids - This FML is from back in 2012 but it's good stuff - United States - Auburn

Today, my daughter called me telling me she had her twin girls. She named them Juli and Anne. Her name is Julianne. Her kids are going to fucking hate her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 402
You deserved it 4 150

Top comments

Ooh nooo! People really should realize that their children aren't pets...

Comments

KiddNYC1O 20

Well, we'll just have to see when the clones are grown up.

I'm naming mine Sparta so I can say 'This is Sparta!' When I introduce him

KiddNYC1O 20

Who will you kick into the massive hole? Mother-in-law?

I don't see the problem here. My first name (Mitchell) is my Mother's maiden name. I think it is a great thing to be named after someone you love or to use names that are special to the family. It is definitely better than some name picked out of a book because it sounds cool or has a neat meaning.

nancyschmancy 9

I think both of the names are names you put together and named YOUR daughter. She doesn't hate you does she? Both girls are going to be fine with their names and are probably going to adore their mother. It really is only your daughter's and her husband/baby daddy's business.

I think you're missing the point. It's not that they are ugly names, it's that they combined are the same as what their mother is named, which will probably lead to a lot of annoying situations and possible teasing from other kids.

BubbleGrunge 18

I don't get why it would cause teasing from other children? Other kids don't care that you're named after your mother, they care when they can rhyme your name with something that would get a laugh.

nancyschmancy 9

Please explain how I missed the point? My post says that the names are a combination of the mother's name. English is your first language isn't it?

This is more of a problem for Juli than anyone else.

perdix 29

Those are OK names. They'd hate if she named them Yolo and Swag. Or Bie and Ber.

SApprentice 34

That's kind of depressing. I can't stand it when people name children after themselves- the worst offenders are the 'jr's and the 'II's. I've even known a lot of 'III's and 'IV's. All the people I've talked to who want to name their kids after themselves have told me they wanted to do so just because they want to be remembered. They want their name to live on, but it's selfish of them to make their children live their lives having to do that. I think as long as you do a good job as a parent and a person you'll be remembered anyway, without having to strip your children of their identities.

Self centered- I believe ones name should be unique for self identity, just as long as it is not some weird crap. Maybe she will give them decent middle names, and they will go by that unless she gave the other first name as their middle name

This isn't really an FML for you, your daughter is happy and you have two new grandchildren to love. It's not your place to name them. Either way, no one is screwing you over here, so why is this a FML?