Thanks, I hate it!

By poorkids - This FML is from back in 2012 but it's good stuff - United States - Auburn

Today, my daughter called me telling me she had her twin girls. She named them Juli and Anne. Her name is Julianne. Her kids are going to fucking hate her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 402
You deserved it 4 150

Top comments

Ooh nooo! People really should realize that their children aren't pets...

Comments

I think it's cute and she can name her kids what she wants to.

Being from Washington, I find this horribly funny and feel so bad about it.

CharresBarkrey 15

I don't see how where you live has anything to do with this FML.

crazytwinsmom 25

She should have done that with their middle names instead of their firsts.

Meh. In ancient Rome they would both be named Julianne with a number to differentiate them. Then any other girls she has would be the same. All of the sons would have their father's name. The names are fine.

So when she calls their names it will be like Juli Anne come here. They will think she is calling herself lol...

dreaswi 3

I did the same think with my twin daughters. Carolyn has been used for 5 generations. When I had twins I split the name. My girls go by their middle names that are from both grandmothers. Where is the pride of family heritage today? That's part of the problem today. This is no more retard than naming children after topographical entities like River or the dreaded unisex names like Peyton.

skyeyez9 24

Some people hate the name they were given that was "passed down."

It's true, some people really hate. Just give them a middle name that's different and they'll be fine. My family's been naming all girls in the family Maria for generations. We all just use our middle name, it's not that much trouble...

Lol.... Aren't you supportive , but seriously , does she have a death wish?

angylbane 3

Just seems to be a bit narcissistic to me, honestly. Or perhaps her tiny brain can't process that many names, so she made it easier on herself.

graphicstyle7 17

That was selfish of her, but, really? Most little kids think of their mommy as, well... Mommy. They won't call her by her name until they are old enough to be irritated teens anyway.