TFIF, huh?

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I submitted an entry for a logo design contest for my employer. Apparently, it is possible to lose a contest even when you had the only entry. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 510
You deserved it 4 167

Top comments

Well, duh. Say, for example: if your entry was totally inappropriate or something, and you were the only entry, do you think that it would still win?

Lets keep in mind this for a COMPANY. Even if your entry was the only one if it didn't meet their standards why would they use the logo to represent their company in the eyes of customers and competitors? I just hope your job isn't working for a company that designs logos.

Comments

ElMundio87 0

Maybe you should just stop being a terrible artist.

Unfortunately, your boss could also believe that, given the logo concept you submitted, you really don't understand the company itself and the image it wants to cultivate to the public.

perdix 29

Evidently, your company employs only no-talent, lazy bums who realize that their work is not worthy to be shown in public. Only you are of the delusion that your work might be palatable. Well, guess what? It's not. Your logo should be "a finger and a thumb in the shape of an 'L' on your forehead."

alitheone22 0

Oh, I guess it's both then. I just knew it was a lyric from the Smash Mouth song All Star, made popular in the movie Shrek. I wasn't aware of the Neil Diamond song. It wasn't necessary to call me an idiot though.

perdix 29

Actually, Lonely_Lez, you are not an idiot. Greg Camp of Smash Mouth wrote "All Star." I've was blown away to find out that Neil Diamond wrote "Red Red Wine" (made famous by UB40) and so I was not sure that he didn't write "All Star." A little searching on the tubes fixed that though. You are owed an apology.

Your entry sucked. FYL for coming up with this lame FML.

Punkartmama 0

The contest was probably pointless from the beginning. More than likely they had an outside source that they wanted to use. It's usually a requirement to offer the employees a chance to submit, but never had the intention to pick an employee submitted logo.

of course, if they dont like it, they obviously wouldn't use it..

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

If your idea of a company logo was writing their name with diarrhea, no, you wouldn't win by default.