Terminally online

By mr_loveless - This FML is from back in 2013 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I got married on Skyrim. To an elf. While in real life, my love life is floundering like a half-dead carp in the surf on a hot day. So much so in fact that I actually draw a measure of comfort from being married to an elf. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 746
You deserved it 10 930

Top comments

Try picturing the carp as half-alive. Maybe it'll help turn things around

Comments

The game was made to be enjoyed. So stop whining.

Mister_Triangle 21

He's not complaining about the game, he's complaining about himself.

34, Same advice applies: 1. If you complain about something, it is time to stop complaining and fix the problem, because complaining does not fix the problem. 2. The game is made to be enjoyed, so getting depressed because of it defeats its purpose. It'll be better to enjoy "virtual marriage" for a while, improve your mood and then, perhaps, set out on a quest of finding real-life girlfriend, instead of getting sad about it. Being sad does not help the problem.

I was married once, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

ShananaginsLOL 13

That joke is way overused dude

christen09 8

what's the big deal? at least she cooks for you.

VasilisaUzhasnaj 29

Status-healing dishes, no less! That and gives half of her daily income.

@8 I agree, but OP would need to play more than skyrim.

Get off Skyrim, get up and make a positive change for yourself and your love life. It will never change if you don't make it happen.

KingCeltic77 18

Dump that elf for Aela the Huntress.

Yes! And I heard she was a beast in bed.

Why didn't you marry Aela? She's like the best chick in the game. Get rid of that elf and go get you a better woman. When you've got a huntress by your side you don't need a real woman.

The more you let this get you down, the harder it will be to find someone.

My Khajiit has more outfits than I have in my wardrobe. But who needs clothes anyways? lol