Sociopathic

By Tina - 03/12/2023 18:00 - United States - Holland

Today, my boyfriend of three years broke up with me and blocked me everywhere, after I moved to another country to be with him… and then found out he was married. FML
I agree, your life sucks 716
You deserved it 125

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I’m guessing you moved as a surprise for him?

This isn't her fault. He led her to believe he was serious.

Comments

I’m guessing you moved as a surprise for him?

OP, while I could see a surprise visit as something one might do (the same risk is there, but the cost is not as great). Moving to a different country as a “surprise” is a terrible idea… Communication is a very important part of being a couple. It’s one thing to have a surprise birthday party, it a whole different level to visit in another country without having discussed it and it’s just plain nuts to emigrate to another country without having discussed it… It goes without saying that had you brought this up with your now “ex” he would have found reasons to indefinitely delay your showing up. I figure the odds are 50:50 that he’s a scammer working you with the intent of getting money from you or a catfish looking to make his life more interesting with an emotional affair. Either way, the odds are it was going to end something like this did… OP, the best you can do is to learn from this and try not to be vulnerable to scammers and catfishers.

This isn't her fault. He led her to believe he was serious.